Chapter 27, Unconventional interrogation

This girl makes me so fucking nervous

Even now, when I know I'll win my next match, do I have this annoying voice telling me I'm going to be an idiot in front of the golden girl.

"Well, I should get ready for the fight then," I tell Goldy.

She shrugs like she's telling me to take my sweet time, because I'm going to lose. I allow my eyes to wander over Goldy for probably the millionth time. She's not one of the taller girls, but that little back dress is doing wonders for her notably toned legs.

I leave after one last smirk.

Warming up before a match is the same as always. I do my jump-ropes and strap my knuckles before slipping on my new King boxing gloves. The black leather matches the black and green from my boxing shorts.

When it's almost time to leave, I go through my motions as usual.

I fight for my parents and their love. I fight for my dad's legs. I fight for my hate for Bowmen. I fight for my gang. My friends. And I fight for gold... More specifically to kiss gold.

I get called to my fight as usual. It's all routine by now. The lights. The heat. The roar of my name. The music. The girls in skimpy dresses. The only difference is the pair of ocean-blue eyes I stare at from within the crowd.

Amber has a satisfied little smile on her face and my Mom is telling her something while my dad sends me a wink. I know my parents said they're going to be extra nice with Amber to insure we win the bet, but so far they haven't been acting. They both genuinely seem to like her and I hate admitting that I feel relieved knowing it...

It's just a bet... It's just for the bet...

"And our current champion's opponent tonight is Texan Painsaw!" the announcer howls.

I almost start out loud. Somehow my eyes immediately dart back to Goldy and she's in a fit of laughter. Mom seems to join her. 

I glance back at my opponent. Texan Painsaw is a huge, bulky man that's sweating quite profoundly. It's making me a bit nauseated because I can only imagine how much he'll sweat once we're actually fighting. Ewwww...