Chapter 37~

[Katelyn's POV]

I had to find him. There was no possible way he could have been kidnapped. There were no traces of it. That or... No. That's not possible either.

My feet were pouding against the sidewalk, my eyes scanning over every possible nook and cranny that someone could be hiding in. I ran through a neighborhood, recognizing one house. Or at least, the description of it.

"White house. It's got a gold trimming, with a mailbox sort of dent in the front, it's kinda obvious."

So I went up and knocked.

Zane opened the door, looking shocked. "Katelyn, hey."

"Hey Zane... I need your help."

---

"So, you think he was captured by Unknown?" Zane says, sipping a cup of water.

"Yeah. I do." I say, leaning forward. "My little brother means every thing to me."

Zane smiles. "I'm pretty sure I know how you feel."

"Yeah... Except it's worse than that. Our parents had a divorce when we were little, so we didn't see our mom often. Kacey and I hung out a lot, especially when I was heading into and in high school. Even when I was younger, we would play make-believe, running around our backyard. When we got older, our dad had a volleyball net installed in our backyard, and Kacey and I would practice. He didn't play volleyball in high school, but he was as good as I was. I was an athelete into college, but Kacey went into musical theatre. He's good at that too." I smiled to myself. "He put up with me. He and I stuck side by side, through thick and thin, and even when we found out he was step-siblings with Aph. He didn't know what to think, but I was still there for him. He was truly my best friend."

Zane sat there for a little bit, processing the information. "Wow."

I chuckle. "It's a lot, I know."

"You and him must be very close.."

"We really are."

Zane thinks for a second. "Well.. We're going to need pretty much all the help we can get to find him... We should tell Travis when he comes back."

"Sounds good to me."

---

Word Count: 363 words

this was half filler, but hey Kacey's still missing :)

sorry i didn't get this out yesterday my dad came here so i'm trying to spend time with him, and at first i didn't know how to start this chapter so.... yep

anywho, i hope y'all enjoyed!

also we're already halfway to 5k. I'm shook.

Ily all! xoxo Sam