let people live

recently a friend of mine and i had a little debate about a very big subject with two guys...

and I left the conversation wanting to punch a wall.

I'm not even sure how we got to talking about this, but the conversation was centred around what girls choose to wear. the two guys were essentially saying that girls wear provocative clothing to impress/tempt them, and my friend and I were saying that we wear things for our own. freaking. selves.

we were both pretty much mocked the whole time.

it's been bothering me quite a bit, and it got me around to wondering how on earth people ever came up with such a notion. not only does it apply to how certain guys think about women (please simmer down, we're not your toys), but it also just goes to show how bad society can be at something so so simple:

letting people live their lives.

I'm all about respecting people and their opinions and whatnot, but I really don't see how anyone could disagree with me when I say that objectifying people in general, and trying to own other people's lives should not be a problem we have to discuss. by no means am I saying we have to agree with everything people do or believe that everything they do is good, but whatever happened to pure respect and love? no one's forcing you to be their best friend, just be kind. we're different, we're never gonna be the same, and as long as you're making decisions for yourself, well there's no harm in that. do what makes you happy!!

so to all the boys out there, and heck, even girls, here's a crazy concept: perhaps people aren't doing or wearing things to impress you, maybe they're actually trying to make choices for themselves. and woah, forgive me if I'm stepping out of bounds, but maybe they don't wanna have to explain themselves when they do things!!¡¡

I know right, how insane is that?

it's really not all that hard people, live your life and let other people live their's. good things happen when you stop caring so much about what other people are doing. focus on yourself.

(wow ok this was a really nice way for me to let off some pent up steam, this rant book actually might come in handy)