Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Five

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

<3 Infatuated

********************

After we finished cleaning up the stations, wiping the counters off, scrubbing the stoves, and moving them back into the janitor closet, all while hordes of students came  up to us with questions, well wishes, and a couple 'you're so lucky to be working with Mr. Bianchi!', our little group finally escaped the crowds that had started trickling back to class and were walking aimlessly around the small conference room as Garrett finished a phone call with his dad.

"So guys, good job." Garrett said firmly, tucking his phone into his back pocket. "That was comparatively better than our previous tries."

Alonzo snickered a bit, well aware of what Garrett's words implied, and Angela jabbed him in the stomach with a small smile on her face.

"Angela, nice job working together with Alonzo. You followed his orders well. Alonzo, nice work man. You really managed to pull it together. Kirsten... do you think I could speak to you for a moment?"

Immediately, Angela stood up and dragged Alonzo to the door. "I just remembered, I forgot to feed Princess, Alonzo. We have to go now."

I could hear Alonzo whine. "That damn dog? You pay more attention to her than you do me."

Once they were out the door, I shifted nervously in my seat, my hands gripping the table as Garrett sat down besides me.

"How'd you know?" He asked abruptly, looking straight ahead at the blank whiteboard hanging on the magenta wall.

"Know what?"

"That Mira's pregnant."

Silence followed his statement, me staring down into my lap, my palms sweating slightly due to my cumbersome uniform. "I may have overheard your conversation with Toben in the kitchen."

Garrett's grey eyes widened, turning towards me as he regarded me with a curious expression on his face. "What did you hear?"

To me, his voice sounded panicked but I brushed it off. "Just enough to hear that Mira and you are going to have a kid. "

What he said next surprised me. "You know, you're right."

I finally looked up and regarded him with wide eyes. His face looked tired and his eyes were wary, small bags underneath. To me, he still looked as handsome as usual though his skin looked paler than normal and sleep deprivation rang out clearly.

"I mean... it's just, I'm not being fair to you. It's not your fault or anything that Mira's knocked up, and here I was nearly yelling at you and calling you immature when all you've been is nice and a tad bit frustrated. I'm sorry."

Putting a small, sincere smile on my face, I touched Garrett's balled up hand with my own, trying to loosen up some of the tension there. "It's alright. I'm sure it's stressful, being a new father and all that. I can understand. I just... don't want to be intruding or anything, though it came off that way earlier. I'm sorry as well."

"I've been such an ass." Garrett muttered, the same time I said, "I've been such a bitch."

"You haven't been a bi-"

"You're not an as-"

We looked up at each other and then Garrett burst out laughing me joining in after a millisecond.

"Truce?" Garrett asked, holding out his hand.

I hesitated, looking down at it before gingerly, I held it and said softly. "No."