43: Bitch Better Have My Money

Chapter 43: Bitch Better Have My Money

Luna*

"It's almost Halloween!" Noah pranced around the house, singing at the top of his lungs.

"Raven! Did you feed him sugar again?" I shouted from my seat in the living room.

"How was I supposed to resist that face- actually don't answer that!" She yelled back, "I didn't want this dollar store candy to go to waste anyway!"

"It wasn't going to go to waste! We were going to use it for the trick or treaters!"

Silence followed. Yeah, that's what I thought.

You're probably thinking what the hell is going on and why is it Halloween in September. It's simple, it's not September anymore. That's right, it's been a whole month since you last saw (actually read) about me so we are now in the month of October.

There isn't a lot of interesting things to it.

What happened then, I hear you ask..well let me fill you in:

On the night of the Disastrous Decade Dance, I was left to catch a ride home with my brother and best friend since my date decided to leave me without an explanation.

"If it makes you feel better, it's his loss," Raven laughed awkwardly, "I mean he did leave you looking like a snacc."

"Not good timing, Birdy." Noah scratched the back of his head.

"What do you expect me to do?"

"I don't know? What do normal teenage girls do in this situation?"

"If you don't remember, we are not normal teenage girls."

"Well obviously."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

They continued to argue back and forth with the weirdest subjects. Is this was couples do?

"As much as I'd love to watch this go on all night, I'm going to have to cut your Lover's Quarrel session short tonight," I interfered with them when they got to the subject of toilet seats, "because you know..I don't want my legs to freeze off..or get pneumonia."

They blinked back at me.

"Can we please go home?"

"Oh right. Yeah." They snapped back into reality and ushered me to the car.

I was contemplating Theo but I didn't, because I neither knew where he was or had his phone number plus the following morning when Ace showed up at the doorstep my house with a load of cupcakes made me feel better.

The dreadful sound of the doorbell echoed up to my bedroom and around the house.

Then the yelling began.

"You get it!" I roared to Noah's bedroom.

"No, you!" He shot back.

"You're closer!"

"You're farther!"

"What? That doesn't make sen-" The sound of the doorbell ringing again cut me off.

"You're so lucky that I was going to go down and get food anyway." I grumbled as I walked past my brother's room and shot an elastic band at him.