/tricksters/

Naruto's POV

Gaara and I were now running as fast as humanely possible to get to Sasuke.

His footsteps slowed to a stop as we reached a large ominous-looking house.

"Shit," Gaara cursed. There were guards on every side of the house, it seemed.

"What do we do now?" I whispered.

"Naruto, listen to me carefully. You need to pretend like you're turning yourself in. I'm going to follow you on the inside, because I know the guys will surround you. Wait until you get to Sasuke before you try to fight anyone. You both can make it out together."

He paused for a moment before bowing his head. He then looked straight into my eyes.

"But I'll need you to kill me as soon as Kiba's dead."

My eyes widened.

"Why? I can't do that!"

"Naruto, if Sasuke's going to make it out alive, you're going to have to. There's something.. something within me.. it has to be stopped. It will be awakened once Kiba starts up a commotion."

"Gaara... I don't want to," I whispered, close to tears. I wouldn't even be this close to Sasuke if it wasn't for Gaara.

He wiped a stray tear from my eye and pulled me into a hug.

"It'll be okay," he whispered, rubbing my back. I hugged him as tightly as possible.

We stood up, walking to the front of the house.

"I'm Naruto. I'm here to turn myself in."

Sasuke's POV

"He's downstairs," I heard a voice from above me speak.

"Thank you."

Huh? Is that...? No. It can't be.

Kiba smirked at me.

"Looks like our little game is over," he said, drawing a dagger from behind his back.

"Don't touch him, you bastard!" I yelled. The footsteps coming down the stairs quickened.

Naruto now stood at the bottom of the stairs, staring at all the cuts, gashes, and bruises.

"Kiba.. did you do this?"

"No.. you made me do this," Kiba spoke.

"You made me go crazy. You played me. Served me the ultimate betrayal as a result of me showing love to you."

Naruto drew his Kunai after spotting the dagger in his hand.

"You want to kill me, Naruto? Go ahead. But there's something bigger waiting for you."

Naruto closed his eyes for a moment, before reopening them.

"I think I'll take care of it for you."

Naruto and I looked at each other to try and understand what he was saying, but our question was answered soon enough when he stuck the dagger through his own chest. Sand began pouring through his eyes and he fell to the ground, scaring Naruto into hugging me tightly.

"Oh, Kiba.. you were nothing short of a puppet," I murmured, while drawing circles on Naruto's back.

"Naruto! Please!" I heard a familiar voice.

Naruto pulled my hand and led me upstairs to see a disgusting sight.

Gaara. His scars that covered his face were now glowing.

"Naruto, kill me, please!"

"I can't!" He yelled.

Gaara let out a bloodcurdling scream as he completely began taking shape of something else.

"Disgusting," I muttered.

"Sasuke, I can handle this."
Naruto spoke.

"I'm not leaving you to fight alone."