xiii. secrets and despair

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
[ xiii. secrets and despair ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

     "GUYS', GUYS' WAKE up! This is important!" Finn shouted out of panic as he tried to wake everyone up.

     "What, Finn?" Jaeden stirred awake as he rubbed his eyes.

     "Jeremy is missing. I looked through this entire house and he's gone," Finn explained quickly, making everyone wake up really fast.

     "What?" Wyatt asked in disbelief.

     "Yea. Jeremy wasn't there when I woke up and I was the first one awake," Finn hurriedly explained, still panicked.

     "Are you sure you looked everywhere?" Sophia questioned as she stood up.

     "Yes. Unless Sadie has a basement or an attic I don't know about."

     "I don't have either one," Sadie added softly, furrowing her brows.

     "Okay, everyone go check every room," Gaten ordered, making everyone nod.

     "Sophia, Chosen, and I will look upstairs. Everyone get partners and make sure you all stay together. Nobody else goes missing," Sadie instructed, needing to hurry to find Jeremy alive. Everyone split up, besides one person, which was extremely suspicious.

     That person knew exactly what happened to Jeremy, because he was up when it happened. He couldn't sleep because of the overwhelming pain coming from his hand. Oh, who is it you may ask? Well, you can figure that out for yourselves . . .

***

     "I checked everywhere. None of us can find him," Lilia explained, a bit frightened. She stood awkwardly beside Sophia, straying away from Jaeden and Wyatt.

     "I bet the dude behind this killed him," Chosen said sadly, holding back his sorrow.

     "Let's not think he's dead, he's missing," Noah corrected.

     "I'm so done with this bullshit," Sadie muttered as she got out her phone.

     "What are you doing?" Gaten asked in somewhat of an attitude.

     "Finding out where Jeremy is."

/ TEXTING /

( 2 participants )

kitchen sink🤧
u better tell me what the hell
u did to jeremy and tell me fast

unknown number
Well there, let's talk rationally.

kitchen sink🤧
there's nothing rational about this.
u took my friend now tell me what
u did with him

unknown number
I had nothing to do with the
disappearance of your friend.
You shouldn't be asking me.

kitchen sink🤧
then who the hell should i be
asking??

unknown number
That's not my problem, is it?

kitchen sink🤧
fuck u

READ

     Jeremy stirred awake, letting out a groan as he woke up. He rubbed his head and felt some dry blood. Still being half-asleep, he winced at the fact he touched his somewhat, opened wound. Jeremy looked around and realized he was still down in the basement. He slowly stood up, almost falling once more. "Guys'?" He asked as he stumbled around. "Guys'!" He shouted. Jeremy got the idea to try and call his friends. He quickly got out his phone. No service, he read to himself silently. There was no way that he could get ahold of help.

     He was stuck.

     Jeremy started climbing the stairs, careful where his feet are so he doesn't take a fall back down the stairs. He started knocking on the door, then pounding. "Hello?! Is anyone there?!" He screamed out with panic. He kept screaming and pounding for what seemed like hours, but it was only merely three minutes. He finally gave up and walked back down the stairs. Surely they could've heard that, he thought to himself. He started walking, examining everything around him. What is this place? He asked himself. Jeremy decided to take this as an opportunity to see what the hell this mess is.

     He got on one of the computers and clicked on his file name. Online, he thought to himself and sighed in relief. At least he knew he wasn't in hell or something, he was alive.

     Jeremy continued to research, seeing if there was any slight clue into who was behind this and or how to win this. He then discovered something he would never forget. Gaten Matarazzo didn't have a file.

—————

SORRY THIS IS SHORT. I WONDER WHAT GATEN COULD BE HIDING. ALSO, THIS IS COMING CLOSE TO AN END AND YALL AINT READY,,