15

I didn't sleep last night, not after what Elijah's father said to him

I didn't sleep last night, not after what Elijah's father said to him. He could lose company because of me?

No. I can't do this to him. He is currently at work and I am picking Nico up from daycare. I pack us both one small suitcase and write a letter to Elijah.

Dear Elijah,

I love you. Before you think of the worst please continue to read this letter.

I love you so much and that is why I don't want to be a burden in your dreams or your path to achieve your goals. But I know relationships work both ways. I thought about what your father told you. And I am giving you a chance to think. I will not deny for you to see your children. But I am giving you two weeks time to think about what you want.

First off I don't want to make problems in your relationship with your parents.

Second off I know you worked hard all your life for this company and I will not be the person to take it all away. I love you that is why I am giving you a chance to be free and work on your career. As told no matter what your decision is you will have contact with your unborn child and Nico if you will want that. If not I completely understand you want to be left alone. I raised one alone, I can make that two. Please respect my wishes to think through this two weeks and don't contact me. Imagine yourself if you choose your career and if you don't.

In this two weeks whatever you decide I will respect. Talk to your father and mother. Don't make any irrational decision. I love you. I always will. Nico and I will come home in two weeks.

Stay safe

Yours,
Pearl

This is the hardest thing I have ever done but he needs it. And even if he thinks he doesn't, he will see it, it will help him. Nico and I will go on a vacation. Right now I am picking him up.

"Momma. Bwaby." He is so excited about baby. He always kisses my tummy.

"Hi Nico, come on we are going home." I greet his daycare teacher and we head to our destination.

"Nico listen to mommy ok?"

"Yes momma."

"Nico, mommy and baby are going on a vacation. Daddy has a lot of work so we won't see him a couple of days, and then we go home and you will see daddy. Okay?"

"Owkay."

"Will you be a good boy for mommy in the meantime?"

"Yes." He smiles brightly.

So our destination? Buffalo, New York. On Lake Erie, I rented a cottage there for two weeks. It looks lovely.

Nico has fallen asleep and I told Lily about everything while talking on the phone with her. Don't worry I am not that stupid to talk and drive while being pregnant and having a two year old toddler in a car. We made a stop and I told her.

She wasn't really happy with my choice but she understood. Her and Jer are doing an amazing job with Jace, and Jer confronted his parents. They finally started to see they are wrong, but Jer doesn't allow them near Lily, Yara and Jace. At least not until he can trust them again I guess.

My mind drifts to Elijah. By now he must have read the letter. And I can't help to have millions of questions. Is he okay? Is he safe? What will his decision be? Will he respect my wishes in not contacting me?

•••

I spent all my days playing with Nico, feeding me because baby is hungry and thinking about Elijah. Tomorrow Nico and I are going home. Nico can't wait, he says he misses dadda. I miss him too. But as much as I am excited I am anxious.

I tried to keep Elijah thinking to minimum, you know not wanting to stress myself it's bad for the baby. Oh I forgot to mention, when I come back home, well the day after we come back home, I have an ultrasound and I am finding out gender of the baby. Of our baby.

Truth be told I don't know what will I do if he leaves me alone. Currently I am jobless but beside that it's hard to raise a baby if you have another toddler to take care off. With Nico it was easier, I gave all of my attention to him. Wait Skylar don't think about it! You will see tomorrow.

After hours and hours of playing every possible scenario in my head I finally can fall asleep.

•••

I am woken up by sun light. Before Nico gets up I need to pack and clean.

After an hour of doing just that I make us breakfast. And that is when I hear my baby crying. I have to find new nickname for him. I can't call both of them baby, well if they are both boys. For a girl I have one in mind already. Princess.

To be honest I kinda wish we will have a baby girl.

"Nico baby, let's go. Have you eat your breakfast?"

"Yes momma. We gowing to dadda?"

"Yes baby, let's go see daddy. Are you ready?"

"Yes momma."

So we hit the road. This time Nico didn't sleep, he was so excited. We were singing the whole time. And now? Well now we are outside the house of the man I love. But what to do now? Do I just go in? Knock? Ring a bell?

I decided to just open the door.

At the sight I see I gaped my mouth.

Please vote, comment and share lovelies!