Chapter seven

"The sun is alone too but still shines"
-Unknown
Dedicated to @Rahina11

Natasha POV

I can't believe that he is standing outside my door. And worse he even had the guts to knock.

Urg.

This is so frustrating. I know I'm supposed to be mad but my mother didn't raise me with such manners.

And do you think she'll be proud if she were here right now?

Just then the door lock clicks.

"Honey I'm home," says Tantin. "and Leonardo was standing at our door so I let him in."

Why?!

"Tantin its Lorenzo! I say, 'and I'm in here!" I said holding tightly to my knife.

"Put the knife down! We are not burglars," she said.

Did I forget to mention that I was chopping veggies? Oops, my bad. ;)

"You have ten seconds to state your business then get out," I said trying to remain nonchalant.

"Ok listen to me. I'm sincerely sorry. I had no right to threaten your job, to get you to do what I ask you. I'm sorry also for being narcissistic and all the synonyms to describe it. I just really need your help. If you don't come with me to this dinner I might never live to find true love." he ended with a sad expression on his face.

There was a second of silence before I started to applaud.

"And you expect me to fall for all of that. Clearly you haven't had much practice with apologies. Are you sure you didn't come here just to get me onto the plane with you? Cause that's what you all do right? You use sweet words to get what you want isn't it?" I said all the anger building in me.

"Natasha Karmen Primrose is that any way to speak to this gentleman, can't you see that his trying?" Tantin said

"Don't we all?" I muttered.

"NATASHA" my Aunt screeched and I knew I had hurt her.

"Listen I know you are upset and you have every right but please come with me on this trip," he said his eyes begging.

"Take yourself, and your excuse of a sorry and leave," I spoke. 

"Gosh, you are cold! But you know what, I know your problem....you are scared..." He accused. 

"Of what? You? Please even in my darkest nightmares you wouldn't beat the clowns." I mocked. 

"Whatever, here is how I'll put it..if you find in that hole you call a heart to forgive me please do. I really need your help." He said. 

"And I don't want to give it to you." I shrugged. 

"Are you two done?" Tantin asked. "Ok Natasha lets go." 

I knew better than to argue with my aunt. 

I let out a frustrated sigh