Chapter 38~

((Notes for this chapter are in Travis' facts on MMH Facts chap. No SK, JO9, or other. This is why Lucinda and Ghost don't exist in this AU.))

{Zane's POV}

Travis walked into the room, looking at Katelyn and I confusedly. "Okay, what's going on here...?"

"Katelyn's younger brother is missing." I say, taking another sip.

"Oh, Kacey right?" Travis asks, taking a seat next to me.

Katelyn nods.

"You have any ideas of who took him?" Travis asks, looking between me and Katelyn.

We're silent for a bit, making eye contact. She nods at me, and I sigh.

"Unknown." I say.

I see the word register in Travis' eyes, and then rage. If his eyes could change color- I was cut off mid thought as his eyes did change from their normal green, to grayish quickly, then to a light purple. Both Katelyn and I stared, wide-eyed, as his skin, starting from his feet, starting turning a dark grey. The grayish sort of infection slowly climbed up his legs, arms, then torso. I looked up at his face momentarily, to see his eyes squeezed shut, as if anticipating something. The infection reached his face, and his eyes fluttered open, a deeper shade of purple. He sighs.

I rub my eyes, then blink them open, and Travis' skin is still gray, his eyes still purple.

"WHAT." Katelyn practically yells.

"Oh, uh... I should probably explain.." Travis says, sheepishly.

"Please." I keep my voice under control, sitting back up straight.

"Yes. Please do." Katelyn says, sighing.

"Well... you see.... My family has come from a long line of demon warlocks. Sadly." Travis fidgeted with his fingers, in front of him. "So... I inherited these traits... And... Yeah. So I'm part demon."

"Oh." I say simply, fear being quelled by pride. Why I was proud, I have no idea. But the sight of Travis owning up to the fact that he's part demon... That takes courage. Or maybe he's already accepted that and we're just seeing the aftermath of what once was. Either way, I'm proud.

Travis still looked nervous. I made an executive decision, standing up and wrapping my arms around him. He seemed shocked at first, and his whole body was radiating heat. After a little bit, I felt his arms wrap around my back, pulling me even closer, getting me even warmer. My eyes shut, as he set his chin on my head. When did he get that tall? Despite this, I still felt safe in his arms, like nothing could touch me here.

That's when I heard someone clear their throat.

Katelyn was still in the room.

Travis and I let go, my face a bit of red. I pulled my mask up more, hoping to conceal the blush. Travis, in shock, went back to human form. Katelyn smirked.

"Since when are you two dating?"

---

Word Count: 478 words

Let's end this on a happy note shall we??

awww Zanvisss.

on another happy note, i have a private bed lamp now. There is literally a lamp clipped to my bed. I'm so happy.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote!

Ily all! xoxo Sam