Chapter 29// Joel

Standing in the O.R room. Doctors and nurses spread out across the room.

When Harvey and I pulled up to the house, they were just loading Adalind into the ambulance and she wasn't moving at all. In that moment when I saw her, I felt my heart physically break. Because she looked so fragile and it scared me, I've never seen her like that before.

When we got the hospital Adalind she started to come around, and she was in a panic. She just kept saying over and over again "Save the baby, save him" I just couldn't focus because it didn't seem real, it felt like a dream.

But it wasn't and then the next thing I knew, they were handing me scrubs and telling me how to sterilizes my hands right. Because they were getting Adalind ready for surgery.

They told me that even though the bleeding had stopped, they couldn't take the chance at re-bleeding and that it's too dangerous for Addie and the baby. So, they have to do an emergency C-section right away, but they've warned us that it's more than likely that Adalind is going to haemorrhage and that we should be prepared for that.

And now here we are in an O.R surrounded by surgeons, and I'm scared out of my mind. Because the woman that I love is laying on an operating table, getting ready to bring our child into the world.

Pulling out of my thoughts and looked down to Adalind and smiled sadly, I have to be strong for her right now.

"I'm right here" I whispered to her, Addie looks at me tears forming her eyes.

"I'm scared Joel" Adalind says sadly to me, stroking her hair gently. Holding back my own tears.

"I know me too, but we can do this together okay" I said with worry. Addie looks at me, looking down to her as I sit by her head. Seeing a single tear slid down her cheek.

"Joel, promise me if things go wrong and you lose me-;" She began crying, shaking my head and cut of her off, because we are not doing this.

"Adalind, please don't" I pleaded as my eyes watered.

"Please just listen to me. If you lose me, I don't want you to be sad. And don't cut yourself off from anyone, or from finding love again one day. Because you shouldn't be alone, and neither should our son. And please take care of him, make sure you tell him that I did this because I love him, and that he comes first he always has. And no matter what I will always be watching over him, promise me Joel that you will live a happy life with our son" Adalind cried and pleaded, shaking my head and bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Your fighter, so fight okay. And that happy life that you want me to have, we'll have it together with our son" I cried.

"I love you" She whispered, shaking my head and locked my eyes onto her.

"I love you" I whispered back, she keeps her eyes on me just as the surgeon walks up too us.

"Okay Adalind we're about to start. And in a few minutes, your baby boy will be here. Any questions?" The surgeon announced, Addie looks away from me to him and shook her head.

"No questions" She replied to him, he looks at her and nodded his head and then took a step behind the sheet of paper that was above Adalind, covering her bump, so we wouldn't see them cut into her. Letting my eyes travel back to Addie and smiled at her softly.

"With him coming early, he needs a name now babe" I say to her, trying to take both of our minds of the current situation that is happening now.

"I know how much you want to name our child Sebastian, but it's not happening over my dead body" Addie tried to Joke, shaking my head and sighed.