Sunday

btw! I recommend reading this while listening to the song i've put down here v v heheh enjoy

Tell me something, I need to know
Then take my breath and never let it go
If you just let me invade your space
I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain - Ariana Grande and The Weekend, Love Me Harder

Rain taps on the windows gently, droplets slowly sliding down, leaving tracks of their paths that are quickly erased by their brothers and sisters that follow.

We've spent the day quietly. I woke up to warm shallow breaths on the back of my neck, an arm lazily wrapped around my torso, bare feet keeping each other cosy under the cotton duvet.

A few minutes later, sloppy kisses on any skin that showed tickled me awake.

Although it was midday, it felt like the sun had already set. The dark grey clouds outside forced us to turn on the off-white lights of the apartment everywhere we went. Bathroom. Kitchen. Living room. I opened windows to let in the moist air, damp and thick smelling, intertwining with the sounds of rain hitting leaves and concrete outside.

Breakfast was made and eaten in a comforting silence, nothing other than gentle hums, contented smiles and fleeting touches.

The sounds of cars trudging their way through the streets, a woman crossing the road hastily, her heels clicking on the slick grey pavement.

After three lazy hours we find ourselves lulling into a new haze of sluggishness on the couch. The layers and blankets we have over us creating fiery hot skin, soothing our eyes that can't seem to stay fixed on the TV, despite our best intentions.

I turn on music from the speaker in the corner of the room and immediately feel lighter. A breeze silks its way through the open window bringing the refreshing feeling that this pseudo-day still has its surprises.

Getting up and not bothering to contain the grin spreading across my face, I begin to sway to the beat, spinning around dramatically and extending my arm out for him, beckoning him to join in. His smile mirrors mine as he stands and begins to flamboyantly wave his arms in the air, his hoodie riding up and exposing the smooth skin of his waist, knees bobbing up and down to the beat.

Our movements become more erratic, the long sleeves of his pink sweatshirt I'm wearing, swing around as I swish from side to side. His tall lanky legs covering great distances as he elegantly steps around the room, his arms mimicking those of a poised ballet dancer.

It becomes a battle to stay composed, faces straining to stay melodramatic. However, as the lustrous pop song reaches its crescendo, he sticks his head out, beautiful brown eyes wide and red cherry lips pouting, chestnut hair in complete disarray, I just can't take it anymore. My legs give out in numbness from the euphoria my laughter is creating. He too loses it, his uncontrollable, loud laugh filling the apartment.

I grab his arm as I try to compose myself, failing greatly as his contagious laugh continues to resonate through the room.

He pulls me close as the glee subsides, replacing it instead with his warm bliss.

Never could I have ever imagined, that joy and excitement like this could exist, on a day as gloomy as today.