22

"If the bird comes back, we did it" Hermione explained. Draco nodded, taking her hand. They closed the vanishing cabinet with force until they heard a slight click.

The couple closed their eyes and muttered a spell. Hermione took a deep breath and rested her hand on the handle. She opened the door and sighed, the bird was gone. She nodded her head at Draco signaling that the bird was gone.

"Okay so now we have to get it back" They both closed their eyes again and muttered. In seconds the two heard a chirping from the cabinet.

Hermione turned her head, her eyes filling with tears. They had done it. She didn't know if she was supposed to be happy, but she wasn't. She hadn't thought of what would happen after they had fixed it.

"It works" Draco said, his jaws slightly clenched.
"We..." Hermione started. This horrific cabinet was going to be used to transport dangerous people that should not be at Hogwarts. Her mind swirled and she couldn't think right anymore, but all she knew is that she was now just as bad as one of them.

"We're like an accessory to murder! We are the reason death eaters are going to come into Hogwarts Draco! Oh god" Hermione cried.

She didn't want to do this, she just couldn't. It was against everything she had learned in her life. She just didn't understand the concept of taking a life. How could the death eaters made it look so easy? They were able to crush it without mercy. They were unable to understand that people have families they care about, goals they want to achieve, and the death eaters just took it like it was nothing.

"What if we destroy it?" Hermione asked desperately fumbling for her wand.

"Hermione" Draco warned grabbing her arms. She tried to yanked her arm from him but failed, him only making the grip tighter. "Hermione" she ignored him tying desperately to make him let go. "Hermione look at me, look at me!" He yelled.

Draco barely yelled. Only got irritated easily. To people he may look like a cold hearted Slytherin but he wasn't. He was caring and barely lost his temper to make him yell.

"Hermione, what are we going to tell him? The dark lord? 'Sorry we accidentally blew up the vanishing cabinet forgive us?' Hermione the dark lord is smart, bloody intelligent! He posses power beyond almost any wizard in history and had the best grades in hogwarts. And he's also a Slytherin, cunning and not so forgiving. What do you think he's going to do Hermione? 'Oh it's okay my loyal followers you messed up the only plan we have to get into Hogwarts and take over the wizarding world but everyone makes mistakes'. No he's going to kill us and potentially our family! We just can't act irrationally" Draco explained.

"Then what are we supposed to do? Sit around and act like we are not the reason Hogwarts is going to be destroyed Draco? Do you not care that we are going to be the reason thousand if innocent people are going to get killed?" She accused.

"Of course I care Hermione! But do you really think that's it's rational to blow the cabinet up? What's going to happen after huh? This is not some fairy books muggles write all the time Hermione. Even if you do the right thing it's not going to work out for everyone, the bad guys don't always lose, and there's is not always a bloody happy ending".

"Fine" Hermione murmured. "Then what's your genius plan?" She challenged.
"There's not much we could do. Who's is the dark lord most scared of?"
"Dumbledore" She answered.
"That's the only thing we can do. Tell him" Draco explained.

"That.. that is the worst plan I have ever heard! We cannot throw all of our problems at him! And besides what is he going to do? Blow up the cabinet?" Hermione sneered.

"Maybe. But probably not. Hermione, Dumbledore is the only person that the dark lord is scared of, that show how powerful he is! Have a little faith in him!" Draco argued.
"How dare you Draco! Of course I have faith in him!" Hermione argued back.
"Then trust him Hermione! There's not much we can do for now!" Draco challenged.

Hermione crossed her arms and sighed.
"Fine, but if this all goes wrong it's your fault" Hermione said dangerously while slightly stabbing his chest with her finger.

"I'll take full blame for it" he promised.

***********
So sorry I have not updated! But things will pick up from this chapter I promise! Thank you for reading and plz vote and comment!