Chapter 3

I have chosen Maia Mitchell to play Anna! Obviously you can feel free to imagine whoever you'd like, this is just the character I've imagined!

  <<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>

The rusty mattress groaned as I made contact with it. I finally made it to a motel - a grim, old one in need of renovation but nevertheless it was shelter.

I got two hours out before I realized I couldn't get much farther. I was only allowed water and two meals a day if I behaved well enough so needless to say, I didn't have much to fuel me.

I reached into my backpack thinking about what my next move should be. I would remain here for the rest of the night, hoping not to get infected by one of the stains on the bed, however I hadn't a clue what tomorrow would bring.

All I knew was that I'd have to get far, far away. Quite a few men who've been customers lived all around town which meant I'd have to tread carefully. For all I knew, my parents could've sent people looking for me already. It wouldn't surprise me considering I am their only source of income. That's why they did what they did. By selling me off, they got enough money to pay the bills and for their alcohol.

I entered into the bathroom wondering if the shower was safe enough to use. God only knows what's happened in there.

I decided to take my chances as I didn't know when I'd be able to shower again. I wouldn't be settling down for awhile so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

I began to scrub the remnants of Roger's grimy hands off of me, shuddering at the thought of him. Roger was my first customer. He took my innocence, something I would never forgive him or my parents for.

He continued to come throughout the years at least three times a week, making me do things I wish I could completely wash away.

Lathering the soap in my hands I began to worry about what would happen if this went awry. I'd be dragged back and most likely tortured for this stunt. I couldn't let that happen. I've been through enough; I don't think I can handle much more.

Throwing those thoughts to the back of my mind and thinking about happier things, I drifted to what the future holds. Would I go to college? Get a job? Make friends? Find love?

Love. I don't know if I'm even capable of such a thing as I've never loved another person in my life. My parents weren't always like this, but any traces of love was lost the second it began. The second they turned into the monsters they are.

I wrapped my hair in a towel in hopes it'd dry quickly as I pulled out some comfortable clothes.

After dressing I climbed cautiously into the bed, making sure I made no contact with the stains. No diseases please. Don't let me escape just to catch something.

I was still unsure about what I was going to do in the morning. However, I was sure about one thing. I finally got my freedom.

With that on my mind, my eyes drifted shut into a peaceful bliss.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>

I placed my belongings back in my bag as I prepared myself for the journey ahead. I decided to wake up early in order to get a head start. Now all that was left for me to do was go and pay for the room.

I pulled out the stash of money I took from my parents. As I was making my plan it occurred to me I'd need money, so I provided my parents with as much alcohol as they needed to get them drunk off their asses. Once I knew for sure that they were out, I began rummaging through the drawers in our house. I overheard once that they stuffed the money I was making in a hidden drawer.

Apparently, their 'hidden drawer' was actually just located under the kitchen cabinets. Dumbasses.

I had grabbed quite a few of the lovely copper bills which I was currently jamming into the receptionists hand.

I gave the woman a polite smile as she worked on getting my change. However, it quickly dropped as she spoke, the woman's eyes drifting to a figure behind me.

"Ah, hello Mr. Parlins. How are you today?"

I tensed as panic flowed over my body, nearly halting any movements I could make. No. This couldn't be happening. Don't tell me I've gotten this far only for it to all go down the drain.

My head whipped around as I located the face I was looking for. My Monday customer. Naturally he was loyal to my parents and their 'belongings' as he referred to me.

Recognition graced his features, followed by a smirk. "Anna. How nice to see you. You're parents are quite worried about your whereabouts. Shall I give them a call?"

On that note, I bolted.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>

The chapters are still relatively short due to the content of them so don't fret if you like longer chapters! They do get longer with time! Many down the road are around 2000 words :)

What will happen to Anna? Will she get away from her parents or end right back where she was before?

I'm so tired y'all. I had to work for 6 hours and then I had a friends birthday to attend and now I'm here after trying to finish this so I can post it tonight and oh myyyyy. How was your day? Do anything exciting or out of your usual day?

Sorry if this was a boring chapter, it was more of a filler to lead up to the big events to come! Who knows? Maybe Anna will meet a certain someone 😉.

Please feel free to comment and tell me how you feel, on the book or just in general (don't worry, I won't judge).

xx kerfuffled_