#Kisses

Authors Note: Hope you guys had a good Mother's Day.

Michael's POV

I should be happy. I don't understand. Jeanette and I haven't fought for at least a month and a half. I should be celebrating. But instead I'm in my office feeling uneasy about my blackmailers demands. Ever since it's started I've just been worrying.

What if today's the day that Jeanette some how finds out that I have been giving into demands of a complete lunatic.

It won't be good.

But there's nothing I can do. All I can do is hope for the best. Hope that Jeanette understands and she doesn't hold anything against me.

I was sat in my office tapping on my desk and contemplating what I would do about my situation. Then there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I called out and then Heather came into the room. She looked nervous. Ever since Jeanette quit I made her know who was in charge. Every flirty comment was dismissed and every time she touched me, I threatened to send her to the unemployment line.

"Someone needs to see you right away" She said quietly.

"Tell Gordon that we have a meeting tomorrow and he can wait" I said annoyed. Gordon has been around my office more than I have. Everyday there is a new problem with construction. He even came to my house. Lucky I was there and made him go away. Jeanette was unaffected by his random invasion but I don't think its not a good sign. So I got some guards to protect her. Of course she was angry but it's what had to be done.

"No sir, its not him. It's a woman. Her name is Madison Night" She explained and when she said that my heart stopped. It was such a long time since I heard that name. I thought I would never hear it again, granted on the way we left things.... I didn't know whether to let her in or to turn her away. I was quiet for a few minutes. I leaned back in my chair and took a deep breathe.

"Let her in" I finally said and with that she left my office to go outside. Suddenly my nerves were getting to me. I didn't know what she was going to say and that made me anxious.

The door opened and my ex walked in. She stood in front of the door and left it open a crack.

Her blonde hair was cut to her shoulders and her eyes were still blue like the sky. She had a mild amount of make up on and she was wearing a blue tight dress. We didn't say anything to each other until she finally spoke.

"Michael" she said in a shaky hopeful voice. She was clutching her hand bag and there was a small smile on her face. It use to make me happy when she smiled at me but I didn't feel anything.

"Madison" I said as I cleared my voice.

"You look handsome as usual" she complimented me, in a warm voice and then took a step closer to my desk. I got tense.

"You look the same" I said plainly with narrow eyes. When I said this she looked at the ground and then tucked her hair behind her ear. She looked totally different. She looked like she had been through stuff. Beaten up and then raised back up again.

"Please sit" I offered and she walked over to the chair that was in front of my desk. She just starred at me with a longing look full of... maybe remorse?
I wasn't sure.

"I'm so happy to see you" she said as she put her purse down on my desk and then folded her hands.

"What do you want Madison" I asked, trying to convey a detached tone.

"I was in town" she simply said with a shrug.

"That doesn't explain why your sitting here. In my chair. In my building" I said very clearly.