tape one - side b (lucas).

well we started off with max mayfield, so let's continue with her boyfriend

well we started off with max mayfield, so let's continue with her boyfriend. lucas sinclair. yeah, you're probably thinking 'lucas? why is he on here? he's such a nice guy'. well, that's where you're wrong my friend.

obviously, we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is accepted and loved; or i'd still be here, right? lucas wasn't as nice and supportive as everyone thought he was. but i guess you were all blinded by his perfect reputation and never chose to see his true colours.

it was the monday after max's party, and will was dreading being at school. his body still ached and the scars were still present from when billy hargrove had done his damage. bill had called him over the weekend to end things between them. he said that it was for the better and they'd avoid harassment if they said that they were drunk and weren't thinking straight. but that's the thing. will wasn't thinking straight. he was gay. and he was sick of lying to everyone. he was out and there was no point of denying it and going back in the closet.

will lazily walked to his locker, avoiding eye contact with everyone who were death staring him and giving him looks of disgust. he spotted dustin, richie and lucas next to the science rooms with troy, of all people. richie started hanging out with troy more and more since last month and rarely ever sat with will and the rest of the group. will was hoping that dustin and lucas weren't falling into the same trap.

he turned back to his locker, successfully putting in his combination and opening it. inside he found a folded piece of paper. 'probably a hate letter' he thought to himself. he opened it and was shocked by what was written inside.

that was a cruel, cruel thing to do lucas. i always thought you knew better than to go around following everyone else like a lost puppy. but that's exactly what you started doing after you joined the jocks. you were so much better than that. you told me to be my own person and i always admired that about you. but i guess times change, and so do people.

the letter read:
'will, i was at the party on friday and i heard what max said.
i want you to know that you're not the only one. i'm just like you.
meet me in the bathrooms after 2nd.
- anonymous'
will felt his heart skip a beat. he wasn't sick, he was completely normal. there was someone else like him. someone other than bill. he felt a small smile creep onto his face. maybe being out of the closet wasn't so bad after all? "hey buddy, whatcha got there?" a voice said behind him. will quickly shoved the letter behind his back and turned around to be met with lucas. "uh...it's uh..n-nothing!" he fumbled with words as his cheeks turned as red as a tomato. "come on, don't be shy!" lucas smiled, reaching for the paper. will tried to move it away but lucas was too fast. he read it out loud. "will that's great!" lucas beamed, playfully hitting will on the shoulder. "i-it is?" "yeah, of course it is." the small boy let out a laugh. he was glad that his friends accepted him.

you split the whole group. we went from being a group of eleven to one group of seven and and one group of five. the supporters and the homophobes. i don't understand what that accomplished.

the bell signifying the end of 2nd period rang, and will got up and rushed to the bathrooms as fast as he could, he couldn't wait to find out who sent him the letter. eventually, he made it to the bathrooms, out of breath, but at least he made it. he looked around and saw him standing in the corner. out of everyone will thought it would be, he never would've guessed him. "richie?" "yeah, it's me. surprised?" richie smirked, walking towards the smaller boy. "uh, yeah. i mean..i guess." will flashed a small smile. "i like you, will. like, really like you." richie said, taking will's hands in his. "i-i, uh-" will stuttered but was cut off by rich. "sh, it's okay. you don't have to say anything. you can show the guys the letter if you want. i don't mind." "really?" "yeah, maybe tomorrow at lunch." will smiled at the thought. he could finally be in an open relationship. one where they could walk down the street holding hands and give each other kisses on the cheek. will misjudged richie. he had a soft side. he wasn't just an insensitive trashmouth with way too many sex jokes. troy hadn't changed him.

yes, i know i'm talking about richie on lucas' tape. but, we'll get to lucas soon enough. and richie, don't worry; you've got your own tape, babe.

lunchtime on tuesday came faster than you could say 'demogorgon'. will sat down at his table with his friends. "guys i've got something to show you." will pulled the letter out of his pocket and puts it on the table. mike takes it and unfolds it. "can i read it out loud?" will nods and mike starts reading. "will, i was at the party on friday and i heard what max said, i want you to know that you're not the only one. i'm just like you, meet me in the bathrooms after 2nd. woah did you meet him?" mike finished. everyone was either smiling or eyeing off the paper. "i found it in my locker yesterday, and yes. i met him." will replied shyly and smiled at richie. "well who was it?" eddie spoke up. before will was about to say something, dustin, richie and lucas started laughing and snickering between themselves. "w-what's so f-funny?" bill asked.

"it's fake" dustin laughed. "what?" will felt his chest tighten up and tears brimmed his eyes. "the letter, it's fake. i made it up" lucas continued to laugh. "wait, you thought it was real? you didn't actually think a guy would like you, did you?" he snarled. will couldn't take it. he got up and ran to the bathrooms, bumping into numerous people along the way while tears spilled out of his eyes.

after that day, all eleven of us never sat together again. richie, dustin, lucas and max moved to troy's group while the rest of us stayed together - but not for very long.

this was all your fault. you can't play the nice guy this time, lucas.

a/n: huge thanks to that80sbitch704 for the help with this chapter! who's tape do you think is next?