Twenty-seven

Sub: *screaming at us to calm down*

Timothy(guy who constantly gets in trouble but is also the class clown): ....Deer jerky? *holds up a piece in front of her*

I REALLY WANNA GO TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY AND TAKE THE COMPUTER SCIENCE AND PHILOSOPHY COURSE BUT I'M NOT SMART ENOUGHHHH

Y/n POV

"98 bottles of milk on the wall, 98 bottles of milk!" The twins and Keegan annoyingly sang.

"Shut up!" Ethan groans. "Why couldn't I have drove?"

"You're still grounded from a few weeks ago." Ethan's dad answered.

Keegan and the twins continued their song, even though it wasn't a long ride. Ethan constantly yelled at them to shut up, but they never did. His parents sat calmly in the front, in their own conversation. Andrew, sadly, didn't come.

"I'm glad I'm an only child." I chuckle, staring at Ethan's incensed face.

The three were sitting in the back, Ethan and me in the middle two seats, and his parents in the front. Having five kids, I'm not surprised they have a mini van. It was almost one four ten. The dinner starts at four thirty, and I dreaded it. The small children aren't that bad, I just don't want to deal with looking like an idiot. I guess it could be worse. I could be in Ethan's spot.

Ethan shakes his head against the head rest and mumbles, "You have no idea how much I wish to be in your place."

By the time Ethan's siblings were down to 79, we pulled into the parking lot of the community center. Ethan quickly got out of the van, away from his brothers and sister. Once I was standing next to him, everyone was out of the van and began walking towards the building.

Something small hit my back, making me stop in my tracks. Confused, I feel where it was hit to feel the spot is cold and still had small chunks of snow on it. I turn around to see the twins pointing at each other. Smirking, I quickly grab two handfuls of snow and throw it towards the running boys. The three of us were laughing as we continued to throw snow at each other, still walking behind the family as we did it.

Quinton scooped up a handful of snow from the hand rail going up the middle of the concrete stairs, sneaking up behind Grey and shoving his face in his hands. Grey yelped from the cold and punched Quinton in his arm. Sadly, our fun was over when we had to walk through the glass doors of the community center. Ethan shook his head, a small smile on his face when he saw me. I giggled, shrugging.

"I was just in a war." I joke.

Ethan smiled. "A harmless one."

"I beg to differ!" I gasp sarcastically. "I could've slipped and fell!"

Ethan shrugged. "You can do that walking normally. The 'war' has nothing to do with that."

"Ethan, Y/n, follow your dad." Ethan's mom said, pointing towards his dad as he walked towards the back. The two of us began following him, trailing a few feet behind.

"I guess he's my dad too then," I shrug, thinking of Ethan's mom's choice of words.

Ethan shakes his head. "Being related to you? No thanks."

I bump my shoulder into his. "You love me."

Ethan smiles, rolling his eyes. Once we were in the back, the view looked like a storage room. The room was crowded with junk on shelves and racks. Decorations for multiple holidays covered the shelves, and multiple different costumes, from Disney characters to the Easter bunny, sat neatly inside clear bags on the racks. There were two more people in the room with us: a blond girl with low pigtails and a tall, strawberry blond haired guy that looked around my age.