t h i r t e e n

"I don't understand why everyone is giving you so much attitude today

"I don't understand why everyone is giving you so much attitude today." Frankie said, as she dragged Max to sit next to her on the couch. "The next person who gives you shit is gonna get a knuckle sandwich." Max had just rolled her eyes because she knew she wasn't joking, even though she did smile while saying it.

Frankie, who was probably the worst prepared for the events that happened the last couple of days, was past her limit. First monsters, then running, and now moody children? She was officially done. Frankie was glad that the super hero child was here to save the day, because frankly if she had to endure another hour of this mess, she was going to charge Claudia double plus compensation for the trauma.

"I mean, you're the best child I've ever met, why is everyone trying to fight you?" She asked absentmindedly, whilst rubbing her temples. Ignoring the 'hey' that came from Dustin's direction, Frankie closed her eyes and sank deeper into the couch enjoying the few seconds before she was brought back to reality.

"Come on, get up." Max said pulling her body up from the plush couch. Walking lazily into the kitchen where everyone was reconvening, Frankie let go of Max's hold and let her feet take her to the spot next to Steve. Sending him a small smile, she crossed her arms like his and paid attention to what everyone was saying.

"I can do it." Eleven said, staring at the Chief. Frankie just stared the girl down with furrowed brows and then looked to the Chief for guidance. From what she heard earlier, Hopper was her pseudo dad or something so she figured that whatever the Chief says is final.

"You're not hearing me." He said shaking his head at the young girl.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." She said simply.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike said from Hopper's left, causing the room to concentrate on what he was saying.

"I thought that was the problem." Max pitched in with furrowed brows.

"Would that mean that Will, would...you know?" Frankie asked sullenly looking at Joyce and Jonathan before scrunching her face uncomfortably at Mike.

Nodding, Mike explained his thoughts, "If El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army-"

"Will's part of that army." Lucas cut him off.

"Closing the gate will kill him."

Everyone immediately became quiet and looked to Ms Byers. They weren't sure how to go through with this without hurting or even killing Will. Frankie knew that after all the shit that Ms Byers has gone through she didn't need this and she hoped that they would save Will one way or another.

Watching Chief Hopper carry Will's unconscious body out of the front door, the kids plus resident babysitters Steve and Frankie featuring Nancy didn't know what to do. Were they just supposed to wait around until maybe the thing living inside of Will was burned out of his body? They didn't know.