Chapter 12

The crepuscular sight looming over the windowsills and the barely-there hush of the impending daybreak greeted Yoongi awake. Consciousness slipping in, his half-lidded eyes glossed over the other side of the bed, only to find not just an empty mattress, but a neatly arranged bedspace next to him.

A muffled sound left his mouth as he shuffled on the bed, begrudgingly forcing himself up. A lazy expression covered his facade as he dragged his feet towards the bathroom.

However, she also wasn't there.

As Yoongi exited the room, nothing but the same silence greeted him. Not even a faint sound of breathing or a sign of life could be found within the hotel suite.

He recalled asking Jiwon if they were in danger hours earlier. Although he could assure he was consciously awake when it had happened, his mind shortly played tricks with him, confusing his listless self.

Scratching his neck, he trudged back into the room, and grabbed a coat and his phone before hastily leaving the suite. The lack of a mere note or a message only made him wonder where she could be at this early in the morning.

Min Yoongi might or might not exactly know where he was heading to, or what exactly he was doing at the moment. But he was aware he had to look for wherever she might be at this hour.

The last thing he wanted to hear was that Jiwon had gotten into another reckless situation — at least not one close to her being kidnapped or anything that involved danger.

Blinking himself awake whilst he entered the elevator, he fished his phone from the pocket of his coat and dialed her. First ring... second ring... third ring...

The ringing only continued until the line was cut-off and the lift halted at his floor destination. Yoongi thumbed in on his phone again as he mindlessly stepped out and repeated the call, heading for the reception desk in the middle of the grandeur of the lobby.

Yoongi shifted his attention from his phone to the receptionist.

"Have you seen someone with medium-length brown hair leave earlier?" he asked. "She has a petite body, and more or less at this height." He lifted his hand to his side, just an inch below his eye level.

The receptionist had a hard look on her face, as if she were trying to dig into the clutter of her mind. Yoongi didn't expect she'd be able to tell him, knowing that she probably had to deal with a lot of people to remember, but it was always better to start somewhere.

Yoongi went through his phone, searching for a photo or anything that could identify her. At the same time, he made a mental note that he should probably have one with him every time, just in case she had this habit of disappearing out of nowhere — Something he had yet to prove.

But the receptionist caught his attention when she thoughtfully said, "Oh! I'm not sure if she's who you're looking for, but there was a lady earlier who asked about a garden."

Only two possibilities existed at this point: either the lady was Jiwon or it was not. And Yoongi wouldn't exactly know why she'd be up so early just to inquire of a garden within the hotel's perimeter, yet his instincts coaxed him to take the shot of believing he'd find her this way.

So after getting directions from the receptionist, he wasted no time to resume his agenda. Each step a push of urgency to find her, and a pull of letting her be, so he could go back and sleep.

An employee held the glass door open, leading Yoongi to the garden. He paused on his tracks.

Ahead of him was a majestic view, clothed in tranquility under a soft palette of blue, purple and pink, and an approaching orange at the horizon.