Levi ━ Paperwork

EDITED

You skip down the hallway, heading to your boyfriend's office with papers from Erwin in both hands. Your (h/c) locks bounce off in mid-air, matching the cheery smile on your face. Every cadet you pass catches on to the radiant aura you carry, making it hard for you to go unnoticed as they greet you with a smile.

After a few more steps, you stand in front of his door. One hand holds the papers to your chest, the other knocks on his door.

"Name and business." He simply says.

"It's me, Levi!" You say with a cheerful voice. You hear him stand from his desk and make his way to the door. As he swings it open, you look at his stoic face. Being his girlfriend has its perks, and one of them is learning how to read his emotions despite his facade. Clearly, you can tell by the way his eyebrows are furrowed and the twitch of his lips that he's stressed and overwhelmed.

He steps aside to let you in without a word and you enter his office. He closes the door behind you and you place the papers on his desk.

"How's the paperwork going?" You ask as you sit on a chair in front of his desk.

Instead of getting a reply, he sighs and groans as he sits back at his desk to resume his work. You are both engulfed by silence for a few minutes. You watch the way his pen scribbles across the paper and his hand gliding from side to side out of boredom. Within minutes, it becomes too much to bear.

The weird part is your stemming jealousy. Jealous of what? The paperwork. You knew what you were getting into when you agreed to be in a relationship with Levi, but he has been paying much more attention to it than you lately. Nonetheless, you say nothing, not wanting to disturb him from his work.

However, you couldn't help yourself. A small whine escapes your lips as you cross your arms. A visible frown is etched on your face, undeniably craving for his attention.

"What do you want, (y/n)?" He asks without lifting his eyes from the paperworks.

"Nothing." You lie.

"Stop lying. I know something's going on in that head of yours." He says with a sigh.

"You pay more attention to those papers than your girlfriend. I'm jealous." You say in almost a whisper.

This catches his attention. He stops writing and finally looks you in the eyes. You keep your gaze away from his in embarrassment. He probably thinks it's foolish to feel that way.

You hear him stand from his desk and feel a warm pair of arms snake around your waist.

"I'm not stupid enough to replace my girlfriend for some dumb, old papers. Stop being jealous, you brat." He says.

You turn to face him and hug him back, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"Why don't we head for dinner, (y/n)? The paperwork can wait." He says as he kisses your forehead.

You giggle and give him a genuine smile. "Yeah, sure. Thanks, Levi. That's why I love you."