twelve.

CHLOE AND NATASHA SAT IN SILENCE WITH ONLY THE TV TALKING AS BACKGROUND NOISE

CHLOE AND NATASHA SAT IN SILENCE WITH ONLY THE TV TALKING AS BACKGROUND NOISE. Neither of the girls had the courage to speak up at the moment, and the silence was eating them alive. Natasha had a constant worry about Tony and Steve while Chloe's only worry was Bucky. They still hadn't heard anything from anyone which killed them.

"Do you think something happened? Like maybe they'll walk in the hospital and have to get treated now." Chloe finally spoke up, not being able to take the silence between the two women anymore. She was starting to warm up to Natasha. Even when they confronted each other in the airport, Natasha never wanted to hurt her. Chloe was now realizing that after being in a hospital bed with the red head sitting right next to her, even calming her down at times.

"It's Steve and Tony. I think they're okay enough to where they won't come in here needing treatment." Natasha paused while sneaking a glance at the blonde. "You really care about the guy who's a trained assassin and that's gonna be something I never understand coming from you. Chloe, you barely know who Bucky is and somehow every inch of you is more worried about him instead of Steve. Bucky has a damn metal arm and survived HYDRA which means he can survive this. He's got a team."

"Still have to worry, right? There's so many good things about him from the past and then you see the Winter Soldier, it's like he was never the Bucky from the 1940's. Now he almost is and he tries to control himself."

"I never thought I would say this to anyone about the Winter Soldier, but I think you may be falling for him." Chloe's head snapped towards the girl as she went to lift her hand, but stopped remembering the handcuff. "How the hell did you meet? He seemed to be wanting to protect you more than himself."

"A while back he knew that I was following me. Steve hired me to find out everything I could about him along with finding his current location, which was a very hard thing to do." Chloe informed. "I came home from a club with my friend and when I did, he was standing in my room by the window. My first instinct was to call Steve, but I didn't have time before I was pushed against the wall with a hand wrapping around my neck."

"You must be one special girl for him not to choke you to death."

"It was months ago. Since then we both changed."

"Right. He went back to being an assassin and you went back to being a private investigator. Doesn't really seem like much changed." Natasha shrugged moving her attention to the television screen.

"So, what's the deal with Tony and Steve?"

"They had a disagreement over the man you are falling for. Steve wanted to protect Bucky with everything he can, but Tony had other plans. It didn't end well when Bucky broke out of this cell causing a huge fight to happen, but Sam and Steve took care of him which led to you lying in this bed right now."

"I truly hope you aren't blaming them for what happened." Chloe watched the girl closely.

"I don't blame anyone. I just think everyone could have gone safer instead of turning this into a war between family where people got hurt."

The two shared a glance before taking a deep breath and looking back towards the TV. Silence filled the air once more, but was cut off by the loud ringing of Natasha Romanoff's phone. Chloe was slowly starting to drift off due to the medications the doctors had her on, so it was no surprise when her eyes started to droop.

The faint sound of heavy footsteps were heard leaving the blonde's side as she fell into a sleep up until someone started shaking her. Her eyes fluttered open to see a blurry image of Natasha standing over her while she looked between the girl and the door.

"Get up. That was Steve and he has somebody lined up to take you to Wakanda." Natasha helped the girl raise up to a sitting position with her legs swung over the side. She was frantically grabbing clothes for the girl to wear as Chloe watched her with confusion filling her.

"Wakanda? Why am I going to Wakanda?" She spoke as she came near her with an outfit in her hand. One hand was extended out towards the girl in the hospital gown as a sign of help while the other layed the clothes on the bed.

"You'll find out when you get there." She glanced at her with a sigh. "Lets just get you dressed and there fast, okay?" Chloe nodded in agreement before taking Natasha's hand for help with changing due to the cast on her leg. Natasha wouldn't tell Chloe why she was going to Wakanda and she didn't expect to find out until she was there for herself.

author's note
just a couple more chapters of this book.