Chapter 7

It was nearing Halloween. Harry's concussion had finally gone away, Harry and Draco were becoming better friends and opening up to each other more and as a result his depression was getting better and better. However, Harry's relationship with Ron and Hermione was slowly crumbling. Ron was mad that he was hanging out with the "ferret" more than his "real best friends" and Hermione, although she was happy that Harry was getting better and more happy, had sided with Ron and stopped speaking to Harry.

Harry was having problems. At first he was sad and angry with Ron but after a few weeks he realized that if Ron had a problem with Draco then he was better off without him. Still, he missed Hermione. She could really give him good advice and he really needed that right now.

It was strange, what Draco was making him feel. The cartwheels and loops his stomach would do when Draco smiled at him whenever Harry would get a potions question right. The blush that would rise on his cheeks when the two accidentally brushed skin. The shivers he'd get down his spine whenever he and Draco made eye contact. The endless nights of lying awake because his brain was going too wild, thinking about Draco, to sleep.

It was strange. It was inexplicable. It was confusing. But most of all it was so very stupid.

How could he, Harry Potter, be feeling things like this for a boy, and no less Draco Malfoy! I mean, he wasn't gay, right?! There was Ginny and Cho and... well that might have been it but lots of people don't have very many relationships throughout schooling, right? It was normal to not be attracted to any of the girls in your class, right? It was normal to not want to be with your girlfriend, right? And not want to go past kissing, hell not even want to get to kissing? Oh Merlin, he was gay.

And, oh Merlin, no matter how badly he wanted to push it away, he couldn't deny it anymore. He was gay. He liked guys. And not just any guys. He liked Draco Malfoy. He had a crush on his sworn enemy. He had a crush on a guy who wasn't gay, and even if by a very slim chance was gay, would never like him. He and Draco had become very good friends over the last few weeks. But that was all they would ever be. Friends. Oh, man was he in hell.

After this realization, Harry told himself that he was going to stay as far away from Malfoy as he could. Maybe if he distanced himself from Malfoy, he could get this damn crush on him to go the hell away.

Sadly, the following day was Saturday which meant Harry couldn't turn all his attention to his classes instead of the blond he shared a room with. He had no homework to do either. Malfoy had been a good influence on him over the last few weeks and had persuaded Harry to get his homework done on the week days so he could have his weekends off. And it was now turning around to bite him in the ass because now he had no excuses to get away from Malfoy.

Saturday morning Harry awoke just before six. He normally would have slept in but he wanted to get to breakfast before Malfoy woke up. He slipped out of bed and quietly got dressed stealing only a few glances at the blond boy who was sleeping so peacefully in his bed. Oh how he looked so peaceful and beaut-. Harry stopped himself. No, he thought. No, don't think like that. He quickly finished getting ready and rushed to the Great Hall.

Most of Hogwarts was still asleep but a few Gryffindor were awake and sitting, eating a quiet breakfast. Harry saw Dean and Seamus sitting at the Gryffindor table and plopped himself next to them with a sigh.

"Everything all right, Harry?" Asked Dean.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine . Just tired, that's all. Didn't really sleep much last night."

"Neither did we, mate," Seamus said, shooting a wink at his boyfriend.

"Right. Didn't really need to know that," Harry said rolling his eyes and trying not to laugh.