IX. I'm A Survivor

Jack and I ran and ran, and we finally got to a door. Jack backed up and ran into the door with his shoulder, making it fly off it's hinges. an annoyed steward came up to me Jack and I.

"You're gonna have to pay for that, you know? That's White Star Line property!" He yelled.

"Shut up!" Jack and I yelled, then we continued down the hall way. After a while, we saw a crowd of third class passengers crowded by the stairs. They had the gates closed. Jack and I walked over to the crowed and we heard Tommy yelling at the stewards guarding the gate.

"Jack!" Fabrizio yelled, running down the stairs to us, tommy following.

"Fabrizio, Tommy!" Jack said, happy to find his friends.

"It's hopeless that way." Tommy said.

"Then we'll find another way, come on!" Jack yelled, grabbing my hand as the four of us left to escape the sinking ship.

We came across another gate with less people, and the stewards were telling the passengers to go back to the main stairwell.

They're just gonna let all these people die, I thought. women and children.

Jack and Tommy walked over to the gate.

"Open the gate." Jack demanded.

"Go back to the main stairwell." the steward said.

"You know damn well they're not letting anyone through at the main stairwell!" I yelled.

"Go back to the main stairwell!" He yelled again.

"God dammit, son of a bitch!" Jack yelled, shaking the gate. Jack looked at the bench attached to the floor, and he started pulling at it. I knew what he was doing so I started pulling everyone back.

"Get back, get back!" I said, pushing other passengers against the wall. Once everyone was against the wall, Jack, Tommy, and Fabrizio ran into the gate, the bench in their arms. The gate broke in their second attempt.

"Come on, (Y/n)." Jack said, grabbing my hand. The four of us went up to the deck of the ship, and it was so flooded. Tommy looked over at the orchestra playing their song.

"Playing music while the ship is sinking, now I know this is first class." Tommy said. We walked around the deck of the ship, looking for life boats.

"We'll spilt up." Jack said, "Tommy, Fabri, you go look on the other side of the ship." Jack said.

Once tommy and fabrizio were gone, Jack and I ran over to Curnel to see if he seen any life boats.

"Curnel, are there any boats left?" I asked.

"All the way down." he said, then Jack and I ran in that direction. We kept going and we found the life boats. They were only calling women and children.

"Jack, I'm not going without you." I said, turning to Jack.

"What? You have to." Jack said, "Get on the boat, (Y/n)."

"No, not without you." I said stubbornly.

"Get in the boat, please." Jack said.

"Yes, get in the boat." Cal said, walking over to us.

"I'm not going without you, Jack." I said.

"Look at you, you're a mess." Cal said, taking his coat off and putting it around me, then he caressed my face. Jack pulled me away from him.

"Get on the boat."

"I've made a deal with an officer on the other side of the ship, Jack and I can both get off safely." Cal said.

"See? I'll be okay, I'm a survivor." Jack said. I kissed Jack, then I let the steward help me into the boat. I grabbed Jack's hand, the we were separated. The whole time Jack and I were looking at each other, I just wanted to be back with him. The flares in the background were making his features glow.

The lifeboat finally, after what seemed like ages, started lowering. I tested up and looked at Jack and Jack looked at me. As I was being lowered, the more I was getting away from Jack. I mouthed a quick "I'm sorry," then I stood up, walked over to the edge of the boat. And I jumped from the boat back onto the side of the Titanic, while it was still sinking.

"(Y/n)!" Jack yelled. The stewards helped me back on the ship, and I ran to go find Jack. My heart was pounding as I ran. When I got to the first class area, as I was running up the stairs, I saw Jack running to me. I jumped into his arms immediately.

"Why'd you do that, (Y/n)?!" Jack asked, then he kissed me, "You're so stupid, (Y/n)! Why did you do that? Why?!"

Jack kissed me a few more times.

"I couldn't go without you." I said. Jack hugged me tightly and we cried together. neither of us noticed Cal standing atop of the stairs, filled with anger.

"We'll figure something out." Jack said, kissing my forehead. Jack and I pulled away when we heard a gunshot, and we quickly realized Cal was shooting at us. Jack grabbed my hand and we took off running down the stairs. I yelled when a bullet came close to me.

"Come on!" Jack yelled. Jack and I got to the bottom of the stairs and we jumped into the freezing water. Jack and I pulled ourselves through the water, dodging Cal's bullets.

We ran into one of the first class dining rooms, where the wasn't a whole lot of water. but it was filling fast, really fast. Jack and I ran to the closed door so we could get out, but it was locked, and we heard footsteps.

"Listen, we have to hide behind these tables." Jack  said, "Stick with me, okay? I won't let you get hurt. Trust me."

"I trust you." I said. Then we went to find our hiding spot.