Chapter Eleven

Rain had always been most uncommon on Titan. In fact, the dilapidated exoplanet had never heard of it before. Not until Thanos flew down from above the atmosphere and permitted a storm so intense it created a whole new kind of weather. Light had been Titan's only means of it. Light, wind, and strong temperatures. Where liquid water popped up had baffled scientists of Titan, Earth, and surrounding habitable planets. How could drinking water exist on a planet so foreign to that of precipitation? For many years, most believed it was because of the powers that had been used to keep Titan sustainable, but after the near-extinction, (Y/N) had realized that all it takes is one person to be as in love with the planet as the universe was.

These facts seemed dull and unneeded as Thanos poured a heavy hello onto (Y/N)'s home. He tried to rid this beautiful world of its history once, she'd be damned if she let it happen again.

This mindset let her emotions spiral out of control. For the short amount of time the purple monster had been there, she'd attempted to keep her feelings well-grounded. The world and the rest of the galaxy would do no good if she decided to throw a childish temper-tantrum unto a giant murderer. However, remembering all the small bits of history she could about her own time on tranquil Titan, she realized that a chaotic tantrum would only benefit the rest of the galaxy. If she allowed her rage to take over, it's possible surrounding homes would allows theirs to, as well. But how could they know of Thanos' arrival? Wouldn't that be key to an all-out war?

Keep this to yourself, (Y/N). Your home was hurt once. Don't let that same fate fall onto other innocent lives.

It took so much to keep a whole world alive. She would not let him kill it or any other again.

The unexpected rain spiraled her emotions into a storm.

The wind made it stop, no matter how abrupt. Deep down, she knew it would be unreasonable to send other worlds into a chaotic mess. They did not need to feel his wrath the way she had. They couldn't. They wouldn't rebuild from that, it'd be impossible.

But she could.

Again. And again. And again.

Thanos' body stood unguarded only a few feet in front of her. In relation to his initial arrival, he'd found (Y/N) almost immediately. He knew the Avengers were on Titan, but they were not a threat to him. They couldn't kill him and, to the extent of his knowledge, neither could she. Why only the pique of interest in her?

Simple.

She was the remaining survivor of 100-year old destroyed Titan (excluding himself).

Killing her would be mercy in his eyes.

{A/N: I know this is super short and probably not very good, but I will be updating a longer chapter soon!! I kind of hit a minor writer's block but decided to test my creativity a little bit. I hope this is still enjoyable and THANK YOU to those who have voted, commented, and read!! You're amazing!! -Abi X)