Chapter 8

Chapter  8

First of all, thank you for all the well-wishes for my exams, they went well. Thank you everyone for being so patient with me and for all the votes and comments. You guys have no idea how much those comments pushed me when ever i wanted to procrastinate. I wanted to push this chapter out fast, so it's not that long, but the next chapter will end this arc so it will be very long. I am doing it as fast as possible as a reward to all you awesome people!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as Song WeiWei so desperately wanted to become a top detective, she had never really been introduced to the running of an actual high-class investigation. Most rookies were vetted and trained before they were assigned to various investigation teams. It was the protagonist halo that allowed her to be included in such high-profile case so soon.

 Song was asked to vet and file the background details and all the alibis of the people who attended the ball with another member of the team. This meant she was constantly in the office looking through surveillance footage and helping the others file their documents. This also meant she was in the office where all the magic happened.

Zhang was currently standing by the white-board with two other senior detectives looking through the leads.

The rest of the team had been with Zhang for half a year, so they were already used to his speed and intelligence in figuring out clues, but for the rookie, it was a scene she had never seen before.

Zhang seemed omnipotent as he controlled the team and came to conclusions rapidly, and the investigation seemed hurtling forward to a conclusion in a speed never seen before.

"He's gorgeous, isn't he?"  

The voice startled WeiWei. She had once again been distracted by staring at Zhang. The woman she was working with was a permanent member of Zhang's team.

"Do you want to know something?" The woman said, looking at Zhang coyly.

Song looked at the woman with curiousity and smiled. "Something about Detective Zhnag?"

"Ofcourse!", The woman exclaimed, before taking a sheaf of paper and stapling them together to look like she is working.

"You don't know this because you're new, but the detective was not always a detective!"

"What, like he was a lawyer or something?" Song asked. While it didn't happen often, it was not rare that a person changes his career midway. The difference here was that Zhnang was too young to have been in a different career.

"Yeah, try pianist."

"What??" Song exclaimed before turning back to look at the man who was currently texting someone. No matter how much she looked, she couldn't see it. While Zhang did look cultured, he didn't look like an artist.

"Yeah, you know the Zhang family?" The woman asked.