Chapter 10

Squirrelflight's POV
Two moons had passed since the fight, Squirrelflight's belly started to swollen, she had told her kits that she is going to have another litter, but not Brambleclaw.
She pricked her ears.
"Cats old enough to catch their own moss gather below the highrock for a clan meeting!" Rowankit yowled, both eyes bright.
Palekit, Leafkit, Robinkit, Rosekit, Toadkit, Briarkit and Blossomkit sat around the tiny rock in the nursery. Rowankit was on the rock, Bumblekit by his side. They were playing the mini clan again, Rowankit was the leader and Bumblekit was his deputy.
"I have an announcement to make," Rowankit continued, "I am going to have more siblings!"
Every kit and Queen cheered.
"Congratulations!" Ferncloud, Daisy and Millie mewed to Squirrelflight.
"Yours and Brambleclaw's second litter?" Millie asked.
"Of course! They wouldn't have any other father!" Squirrelflight purred.
Daisy was the mother to Spiderleg's kits, Rosekit and Toadkit. Millie was the mother to Graystripe's kits, Briarkit, Bumblekit and Blossomkit. Ferncloud does not have kits but she wants to help take care of the kits. They were all here, in the nursery, with Brambleclaw, listening to Rowankit's announcement.
"What?!" Brambleclaw mewed, shocked.
"It's true. Jayfeather said I am expecting another litter of kits!" Squirrelflight purred.
"No wonder your belly is getting swollen," Bramblelcaw purred and nuzzled her cheek. But he suddenly froze, with such lonliness in his eyes.
"I am going to sleep by myself for more moons!" He groaned. She purred and she touched her nose to his, "Can't live without me, huh?"
"Never." He whispered.
"Even after all that happened?" Squirrelflight asked, scared of what the answer might be.
But all he mewed was, "What do you think?"
She felt movement in her belly. What did I think?
"Everything was perfect," She finally mewed."We've got our kits now. We've got a family now. You got to stick with me whether you like it or not."

Squirrelflight's POV

Night had fallen. Almost the whole clan was already asleep. Squirrelflight could not sleep, but the gentle snoring of her kits made her finally dozed to sleep.
She woke in a lush green forest.
She suddenly felt like so much energy was boosted into all four legs, so she climbed up a tree. She jumped from tree to tree, feeling like she could do this forever.
My whiskers in the wind, the breeze in my fur, I could run forever!
But suddenly she heard hushed voices below her.
She looked down and sat down on the branch. She saw a red-brown she-cat talking to an anxiously pacing tom. Eventhough a leaf was blocking the view of the tom from where she sat, she could here him pacing on the forest floor.
She regconized the she-cat.
ROBINKIT!
The red-brown furred she-cat was Robinkit, but older. Her fur was neatly groomed, all sleek, all the kit fluff gone. She looked like she just became a warrior.
Squirrelflight pricked her ears and listened to their conversation.
The Tom stopped pacing.
"What is it that you have to talk about?" the tom asked worriedly.
Squirrelflight tipped her head.
Who is that? He sounds achingly familiar. Have I met him before?
She turned her gaze back to Robinkit.
Robinkit's gaze darted to every single bush, as if anxiously waiting for something to jump out. She sighed and the mewed slowly. "I'm expecting your kits..."
That's great! So that should be her mate, but who is it? And why isn't she excited that she is going to have his kits?
"That's great!" the tom purred. But realization seemed to have hit him in the face, then his voice darkened. "Don't worry, we will figure something out, " he reassured. Though he does sound very reassuring, Robinkit was not soothed.
"But how?" Robinkit wailed.
The Tom was silent for a heartbeat, then he replied. "I...don't know. But what I know is that we will need to figure something out in two or three moons. Before the kits are born. We would have to keep this a secret for a while..." he mewed, deep in thought.
There was a terrifying heartbeat of silence.
"I can't keep this from my mum!" Robinkit yowled suddenly, her eyes wide with terror.
"You will have to! If not something will bad happen." He insisted, sounding afraid that she would give the secret away.
Robinkit turned away.
"This was a mistake. The kits were a mistake." She sobbed.
"It wasn't a mistake. I really loved you. I liked since the first time I saw you. I love you. Don't you love me? " his voice cracked.
"I love you, " she seem to relax a bit, knowing that her mate loved her. But she bristled up, "We are breaking the warrior code, and the medicine cat code. We made a mistake. " Robinkit let out a low wail.
Squirrelflight flinched. She needed to know what was going on.
She jumped from the branch and nuzzled Robinkit, but she did not react, like she did not feel her at all, or even saw her.
"I love you. But I'll have to lie to you...and Brambleclaw, please tell my littermates I'm ok." Robinkit mewed, staring right into her eyes.
Wait, I thought she didn't know I was here?
Squirrelflight grew frustrated. She didn't know what was going on but she needed to find out who this Tom was, and if he is hurting her.
She turned to look at the tom. But her dream was fading, so was she.
Was it real? And if it was, who is that Tom?

The End!

Guess who the Tom is!
See ya next time!
-Whitecloud