30 | real life

xxx

xxx. goodbye

Nancy stood in the middle of the hall painted in hues of blue and purple, from the lights that hung on the ceiling. She was looking at one painting, one that stood out to her. The black void covered in splashes of yellow and red.

"Are you alright?" someone asked, grabbing Nancy's attention.

She turned her gaze to see Chris standing beside her, looking at the painting too.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at the brunette girl.

"You've been really quiet tonight" he said.

"Oh, I'm fine" she said, looking back at the painting.

"I know we've only known each other for a few weeks but I'm here if you want to talk" Chris said.

"Thank you, Chris" she replied.

Nancy looked across the exhibit to see Marco and Anthony talking near a sculpture. She looked around and saw Sebastian talking to Izzy. She then returned her gaze back onto Chris.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air" Nancy said.

"Okay" Chris said, watching her walk off.

The cold air hit Nancy as she quickly walked out of the gallery, wrapping her jacket around her.

"Nancy" someone yelled, behind her.

Nancy turned around to see Sebastian walking after, tugging at his suit jacket.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm getting some air" Nancy exhaled as she kept on walking.

"Are you alright? You've been ignoring me all night" Sebastian said.

Nancy turned around looking at him and walked back up to him.

"I don't need your pity" she said.

"What are you talking about?" Sebastian asked.

"The tweet. I don't need your pity, Seb" she repeated.

"You were upset" he said.

"I was but the only reason you sent out that tweet was because you pitied me and my fucking life" she yelled.

"Look, your my best friend and I just wanted to help" he said.

"I don't need your help, Sebastian" she said.

"You called yourself a failure" he said.

"Yeah, and what are you?" She asked.

"You're projecting" he said.

"Stop with the psychobabble" Nancy exhaled.

"Fine, fine. I did it because it looks like you could use all the help you can get" Sebastian said, making Nancy step back a bit.

She looked at him with no emotion and turned around.

"Nancy, come o-"

"Forget it, Seb. Go back to your great fucking life in L.A." she yelled.

"You know what I will" Sebastian yelled back.

"Good" she yelled, starting to get ready eyed.

"Great" he yelled after her.

"Amazing" Nancy yelled through angry tears as she kept on walking.

Sebastian looked at his best friend walking off, and felt like that little rain cloud was over his head again. He didn't run after or say anything else, he just let her walk off.

As for Nancy, she walked the rest of the way home drowning in a mixture of sad and angry tears.

A/N; So that happened. Am I sorry about it? Nope 😂. I actually had this scene planned out before like anything else. So there's gonna be a lil time skip but it'll all make sense.