Chapter 29, The Northern plan

I stare at myself through the reflection of the giant window

I'm wearing the maroon suit that I have fitted for Saturday and it brings out my green eyes while my auburn hair stays as neat as ever. I stir my glass of whisky before taking a sip. I like to think that it's not the whisky doing the burning, but rather me. 

It's been incredibly lonely without my inner-gang, but I've learned to live with it. Their presence will just ruin everything in anyway. 

The door to the study slowly swings open and I watch BD squirms inside. His presence sends a sneer to my usually lethal smile. "Did they get the invitations?" I ask him through the reflection of the window.

"Y-yes, Mr Jilten. Both the West and East g-got their invitations as well as the South and t-the rest of whoever is important enough," BD answers. I think he's shaking a little.

His face looks fucked. Purple and bruised from a good beating. And his usually greasy hair has exceeded itself in the unhygienic department once again. I'm glad he got his lesson Saturday night.

"Will they come?" I ask him and take another sip of the whisky.

"They're too proud not to come"

"Good," I answer. Pride will be their downfall. These boys know nothing about the war that's to come.

"Do you really think the girl will show up, though?" BD asks.

"Yes"

"I know she's a blonde and all, but that girl isn't dumb. There's no way she'll be stupid enough to come-"

"The plan isn't going to work without her... We finally have a weakness in the East and West and we have to use it. Now is the time," I say.

I down the whisky before walking over to the hearth and refiling my glass. Everything has to work out. If my plan doesn't work, then everything's going to go to shit. I need Amber Marigold to go to that ball.

"You're basing your whole plan on hoping she'll show?' BD asks.

I turn and give him my infamous glare that can send people cowering. BD lowers his gaze.

"You have yet to learn how far hope can get you," I say.

I take my whisky and walk back to the giant window that's over-looking the gardens.

West, East, South... They all think the North is small. That we're hiding... But they'll realize soon just how strong we are. Last week's bloodshed was nothing compared to what I plan...

"And you think the girl won't get in our way?" BD asks.

I take a slow sip from my whisky and let my smile grow.

"Goldilocks has yet to learn that this story has three bears," I whisper.

Hey Goldies!!!

Sorry for the short chapter, but it was just a little 'clip' from our villain's point of view. Warning, don't get too attached to characters. This ball is going to be fun. At least for me. Mwahahaha.

I want to check some ships while we're here. Just say 'Ship' next to the couple you want to see.

Blamber

Amwen

Mysterious Amber (I know you guys are out there lol)

Thanks for voting and commenting! Love you goldies!!!

~ Holly Shmit