Chapter 17

Previously

A password, of course he has a freaking password. I try multiple options, but none of them work.

"For goodness sake! Come on, just open the damn door!" I mumble to myself

"ALEXIA!" I flinch and turn around to see Caleb storming towards me.

Now

In a panic I run to the toilet and lock myself inside. I admire how big the room is. It's even bigger than the basement.

I never thought I would be jealous of a freaking toilet.

I snap back to reality and quickly dial the only number I know by heart.

My own.

I cross my fingers. Please pick up.

No answer.

I try again and wait impatiently.

I hear Caleb shout my name angrily. Shit, he's going to kill me.

"Please, just pick up" I practically beg for someone to pick up the freaking phone. I don't care who it is, just someone.

Please.

"Hello, this is Jayden Smith. Who am I talking to?" Tears stream down my face as I hear my brother's tired voice.

I can't imagine what he must look like and how he must feel.

"Who is it, Jay? Another tip caller?" I faintly hear Mason's also tired voice ask

"Jay. It's me" I sob

I've missed them so freaking much. I can't explain how bad I miss them and how badly I want to see them again.

"A-alex? Is it really you? Where are you? Are you okay? We've been trying to find you none stop. We were scared he killed you. Please tell us where you are. Are you with him? Has he hurt you?"

"Open the door, my love" His voice sounds a little bit too sweet, soft and calm

I flinch as Caleb tries to break the door down.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah, it is. I'm so sorry I haven't called earlier. I don't know where I am. The only thing I know is that I'm hours away from you guys and that I'm in a remote house in the middle of some woods."

"Try to stay on the phone a bit longer, please. Tyler is trying to hack your location"

"Guys, I'm trying, but Caleb is about to kick the door in"

"He's almost there, try to stall it for as long as you can"

"Okay"

"Alexia, open it now or the consequences will be extreme. You don't want to find out, believe me"

I gulp, I do not want to know what he has in store for me.

"I just need to go to the toilet, Caleb. I'll be outside in a few minutes" I try, hoping that he's stupid enough to believe me.

He chuckles creepily from the other side and tries to kick the door in again.

"Why do you even try? It's not like it's working, huh? Just give up, Caleb" A small smirk spreads across my face

"Don't give me attitude, you know-"

"-what happens if I do" I roll my eyes

"Open the door or I'll break it down"

I keep quiet, knowing that he is able to kick the door in if he wants too.

"Fine with me" he groans angrily