Arc 2.10

Zhong Yi woke up in his own bed and felt slightly at a loss when he realized there wasn't anyone beside him. Right. I'm in the world where my lovers aren't my Husbands yet. He let out an exaggerated sigh before getting up. 

He opened his door and spoke to one of the maids.

"Prepare some water."

"Right away, Wangye," she stopped talking but struggled as though wanting to say something.

"Is there anything else," he asked.

"The Emperor is throwing a Banquet with all of the Officials and their families invited to celebrate the New Year. All Princes and Princess' are obligated to attend, Wangye."

"Okay. Prepare the water for both Benwang and Cui Rong."

The maid scurried away to do his bidding but didn't heat up Cui Rong's water. It wasn't as though she was deliberately stubbing him but it took so long to wake up this beggar that the water would turn cold anyways. 

Zhong Yi bathed himself, refusing the help of the maids, and stood in front of his mirror with merely a dressing robe wrapped around his body. Most of his clothes that he had quickly made were meant to be worn to the Market so they wouldn't be suitable for the Banquet, plus it was Saturday by his internal clock; that meant he needed something yellow which was usually a color reserved for females. 

He ordered a servant to go buy some powder and charcoal usually only worn by women which surprised the servants. Zhong Yi also asked for lip stain. When they didn't immediately go he threatened them which sent them running. 

It wasn't that he needed the makeup but he knew that this face looked extremely similar to his Mother's face and what better way to torment this 'father' than to remind him of the sister he lost. He began with the powder before adding a slight bit of charcoal to make his eyes look even bigger before adding stain to the bottom lip and allowing it to smear on to the top lip; giving the entire look a more natural look. Zhong Yi had added a bit of lip stain to his cheeks before adding the face powder so that it looked like he was naturally blushing. 

Lastly, he paid 1 K.P. for a yellow dress he found in the female clothes section and pulled it on. He didn't want to look to much like a female though and had opted out of doing something fancy with his hair; he merely put half of it up with two silver hairpins with dangling yellow flowers. His Hanfu was very beautiful but not gaudy in any sense. The top half was made of white silk with beautiful yellow stitching at the seams and a flared sleeve that would almost cover his slightly dainty hands. Although he was a man, if his hands weren't stared at with a close eye, they could pass for a females. 

(The Yellow Hanfu)

Zhong Yi had wanted to buy something a bit more yellow but it wasn't allowed to wear clothing that looked gold which was reserved for the Emperor