LII. Baby Girl

~~~~~~~By far one of the happiest days of my life, no matter how painful and a b*tch she was to come out

~~~~~~~
By far one of the happiest days of my life, no matter how painful and a b*tch she was to come out.
~
//March 8th//
*Heavy breathing and beeping*

Hyperventilating with sweat drooling down my face, I arched my eyebrows to the pain that started increasing further. My mouth stayed open to gasp for air while the main doctor held my legs up at such a uncomfortable angle.

"One more time, hon. Give us a nice powerful push"

Listening to her instructions, I pushed incredibly hard upon my body, feeling the baby literally moving towards my area and causing it to open wider. The pain of this process was ridiculous, just ask Marcus's hand which was being dug into as I pushed harder. "Fuck!" I yelled, laying my head back but getting right back up to try again.

I held my push this time until they finally pulled the little demon out of me and carried her and the placenta over towards my mom. She did the honors by cutting her umbilical cord and thus the doctors carried the baby over to the table. Cleaning her up and getting the blood from her mouth and creases. Not much longer afterwards, she started to cry and so did I as they brought her over to Marcus.

He held her first officially but didn't take long to let me hold the missing piece of my life all this time. I was crying my ass off once I felt how tiny and precious she was. God, she was....everything a woman could ever ask for. She stopped crying as soon as I held her down on my chest and patted her back to sleep.

My mother shortly came over to take in the moment and to shed a few tears of her own. Even Marcus was emotional, he was so excited to bring her home.

"I did it" I sniffed, crying. "I'm so happy she's here, I thought I would never have this moment"

My mom leaned over to rub my head. "I'm so proud of you and she's so beautiful Rowan"

"She really is. I can't believe this is my baby girl" Marcus smiled from the other side as he rubbed our daughter's hair in my arms.

"And that hair" my mother gasped, feeling it herself. "This little mama came out with a head full of straight and silky hair. One of y'all must have some good genes"

If only I'd knew that, that would later become a problem for us and our new baby girl. Her hair was...genetically different than both of our hair.
~
//3 Days later//

~//3 Days later//