01. movie night

Ella was shitting herself, metaphorically of course.

She sat on the couch with her best friend Lexie watching their fourth film of the night, Dunkirk. It was the day before the Oscars, of which they were both going because Ella was nominated for Best Actress. Ella was trying to pretend as if she wasn't terrified of waking up the following day.

"Cillian Murphy, geez he's a beautiful man" Lexie drooled as the man crawled onto the boat.

"This deserves one, just for the casting." Ella replied, she took a sip of champagne. They were partly celebrating and partly planning for the following day.

"You are going to look stunning tomorrow." Lexie drunk straight out of the bottle. Ella squealed at the gesture, thinking Lexie was gross for doing that.

"Lord I hope so. We are going to be in the presence of legends." Lexie passed her the bottle and she took a swig.

"I hope the entire cast of Dunkirk is there. We'll have some brits around to keep us company" Lexie joked.

They continued to watch the film, drinking all sorts of liquor which was probably not the best idea since they had to be ready for the Oscars the following morning.

"This is going on for a bit" Ella turned her face to her best friend who had tears in her eyes. Lexie found the film moving which frankly embarrassed Ella.

"It's beautiful" Lexie cried as the credits rolled on the screen. Ella snorted at her best friend and passed her the bottle of champagne so she could drown her tears with it.

"Okay, where's that going on the list?" Ella picked up the list of movies they had watched and ranked.

"Top. Top of the list. Put it at the top" Lexie said manically. Ella just laughed, her best friend always got obsessed so easily with things and she could tell Dunkirk was going to be her new obsession.

"You're going to be a mess tomorrow" she laughed at her best friend who was pouring glasses of champagne and taking deep breaths.

"Oh god I'm such an embarrassment" Lexie threw her hands over her face and the girls laughed together. "What's next?" She asked once she had composed herself. Ella couldn't help but laugh mostly because she was drunk but partly because she knew her best friend and the way she was.

She looked at the list of movies and crossed off Dunkirk. Her finger moved down from Dunkirk onto the next film. Her mind blanked as she looked at the name, she had never heard of it before.

"Some film called, 'Call me by your name'. Have you ever heard of it?" Ella asked, Lexie shook her head.

"But if it's anything like 'Shape of Water', which we had never heard of, then I suppose it'll be good" her best friend re-positioned herself on the sofa.

Ella set up the movie and sat back next to her best friend so they could enjoy the experience together. There was a very long opening sequence, Lexie found it boring while Ella was enchanted by the music and pictures.

"1983, damn that was a long time ago" Lexie joked, it made Ella snort with laughter.

It was like something had pulled them towards the screen, they both lunged forwards at the same time.

"Who is he?" Lexie gasped before laughing at the response they had both had towards this boy.

Ella sat and watched the boy closely. He wasn't doing much, he was just throwing clothes across the room while a girl sat in his bed. Ella was bewitched by his movements, he was skinny but had tone to him. If Ella had a type, it was him. She had dated tall muscular boys before but they always thought they were better than her just because of their physique. Ella knew she wanted someone who was secretly sexy.