[20] Answers

Soft light flooded Jungkook's blurry eyes, as his lashes fluttered open.

Immediate pain rushed through his body as he reached up to rub his eye, needles shooting through his right shoulder as he cried out.

He felt soft material beneath him as he rolled to his side, his mind finally waking up.

Despite the pain coursing through him, he sat up with a start, his heart beating quickly until he saw the man sleeping on the floor beside him.

His face wrinkled as he reached down to wake Jimin, grimacing at the pain that resulted from stretching out his bandaged hand.

Jimin awoke quickly, eyes growing wide at the smile Jungkook wore on his face, surprising the young painter when he did not smile back.

"Jimin, it's so relieving to see you, I thought I was going to die, and then there you were and......."

"Why did you leave Taehyung," Jimin cut him off, frowning and crossing his arms, awaiting the explanation from the young man who looked completely confused and now on the verge of tears.

His cold demeanor toward his former friend broke as he saw a tear slide down Jungkook's face and confusion wipe away the smile he once had.

"I..... I don't understand, I wouldn't leave him, I could never," He choked, backing away, stuttering, "I was taken by Mina.... And I was trapped for two days...... and...."

"I love him"

Of all the things he could have said to seal Jimin's pity, it was those three words followed by more tears. He rushed over to comfort his friend, as clearly there had been a misunderstanding.

Their arms wrapped around each other, both disheveled and exhausted, the morning of the day Jungkook had been looking forward to before three days ago.

"I do not understand, but clearly something is off. Did you not write a letter to Taehyung saying you were going to EXO with your father and that you only saw him as a friend?" Jimin questioned, beginning to question everything he assumed about the talented artist.

Jungkook's tears flowed out again, his hands covering his mouth in disbelief as he shook his head.

By his reaction, Jimin knew the last person who could have crafted that letter would be the broken man standing in front of him.

"Alright then. There is something going on, and I want to know what. Why were you all beat up? Why did you disappear? And why was the last thing you thought to tell me, 'Save Tae'?" Jimin questioned, holding Jungkook's hand carefully, ready to listen.

They were both in tears by the time Jungkook was finished reliving his tale, Jimin clutching to his arm, before standing up to begin to process a plan.

"Okay, okay..... so basically, they know you've escaped, yes?"