Ten • Revelation

After dropping weakly on the floor, I stood back up not caring if my legs felt exhausted. With a stern voice, I said, "Stop torturing my family."

I fought the urge to cry. I needed to be strong even though I have to fake it, I will. Giving up will never be one of my choices. My family is in this palace, suffering the consequences of the vampires' wrath without even a trace of who they were. They don't remember me nor anything at all.

Vampires never take orders, especially the king but I at least had to try everything for mom, dad, and even Jonathan because, after everything we've been through, blood will always be thicker than water even though I really didn't feel that way before.

"Don't you at least like it? After all, you've been through. They have always pushed you to your limits and always wanted the best of you. You became someone who you didn't want to be," Katherine, the spiteful vampire of my brother said.

"Not because you saw how they were with me meant you can assume how I feel towards them. To answer your question, no I don't like anything you have done to them. I would gladly die for them if that's what it takes to free them," I voiced out in front of every vampire in the room, making sure to stare straightly at Dimitrius' eyes.

Katherine let out a laugh, not a humored laugh, surely it was a mean one. "Oh, don't you know how much your family despised you? Believe me, I know," she said.

"Despise? If I remember, that's how they felt towards you and your people!" My family might not like the way I grew up but surely, they don't despise me because under the reprimands, scolds, and unhappy treatments they've given me, there was the father who kissed my forehead every day, telling me how beautiful his princess is.

There was my mother who'd always sing me to sleep and there was my brother who stood up for me, every time he thinks I've had enough. Even though they've trained me to be the perfect queen, they showed me love and care to make me feel like I am the best daughter and sister.

"Let me show you then," she said and approached me with long fast strides. I wasn't afraid of what she's trying to prove so I didn't run away nor did I stepped backward. I simply let her show something she's trying to make up.

I closed my eyes as her thumbs rested on my temple and breathed deeply,

"Pet! Come here," Jonathan growled. Katherine crawled slowly until she reached Jonathan's feet but dared not to look up.

"M-master?" Katherine's lip trembled, knowing that Jonathan's anger will be taken out on her.

"Don't you always ask me how my day has been? Ask me, ask me how worse this day was!"

Katherine mumbled and asked Jonathan how his day was.

"I was supposed to be King! I am their heir, I am the firstborn son but you know what? They chose a worthless bitch over me, she's not even a Lowell! Just because of some stupid prophecy, the vampires' belief, I got robbed of my title," he shouted angrily.

"You deserve to be our King, master," Katherine lied just to please Jonathan.

"Now that my blood is boiling with anger, be a good pet and take your master's punishment."

I felt someone yanking Katherine's fingers away from my head. That's when I felt that my hands and lips were trembling.

Was it true? Could she be possibly telling the truth? How can Jonathan be the firstborn? I am his older sister, aren't I? Prophecy. I've heard too many times of that and the curiosity's drowning me.

"I was a new slave, Felicity. A newly transitioned vampire, I haven't aged that time yet when your so-called brother gave his first punishment. I was seventeen!" Katherine growled but her eyes held an expression of sadness.

Then, I had the courage to ask, "What did he do to you?"

I wasn't sure if it was a tear that slipped from her eyes, she looked down and then back up. The raging voice she once had vanished when she said,

"He took my virtue away. Your brother broke me and made me feel weak, worthless, and undignified!"

Then she added, "And I watched how it happened with my two eyes while my body was tied down in vervain ropes."

Before I could process everything that Katherine has told me and whether to believe her or not, Dimitrius stepped in between us.

"You've seen enough," he said but I didn't stop there, "I want and need to know more. Behind these sadistic moves, you have been doing, I know that there is a reason, Dimitrius!"

"Let her see, Dimitrius! She deserves the pain more than we did, a glimpse of what happened won't even compare to how it felt!" Katherine's voice was now laced with fury.

"Respect, I am still your King," Dimitrius growled. It surprised me how he didn't behead Katherine for her insolent behavior. After the coronation night, Katherine wasn't the same helpless vampire I used to know anymore.

He grabbed my arm to lead me out of the room and I tried to get out of his grasp yet he didn't even move a muscle. With one blink, I was in the same room as before.

"Tell me, was it true? If I'm not the firstborn of my parents then who am I?" After everything, they put me through, just to sculpt the perfect image of a queen, why would they do that if Jonathan's the rightful one.

Dimitrius stayed quiet then, he answered, "Yes, it's true." Even though I wanted to believe him, I just can't. Not unless it would be my parents to tell me the truth but a part of me started to trust him for what he's saying.

"Tell me, I know that you know! You have my parents' memories, you're the king, just tell me!" I let out an ear-piercing scream that made Dimitrius growl.

"And what do I get in return?" He asked with a serious tone. Of course, he would ask for a change. That's how his twisted mind works, always playing games.

I tried to think of something that I could give in exchange for the truth of my identity, something he would accept and nothing too much from me.

Hopefully, he didn't expect me to give my obedience to him because that would never happen. I will never submit to anyone nor let them take control over me.

After all, I am still Queen Felicity Lowell. So I thought of what I could possibly give him but he didn't give me a time when he stated a fair return.

"Your identity in exchange for your blood."

Was it fair enough? First of all, why would he want my blood if he could get from anyone? Second, he could have forced me into anything else but he didn't.

But then, I knew better. It wasn't just a simple return that he was asking for, was he? I questioned, "How much blood are you wanting from me?"

Seeing that I have realized his game, he smirked and answered, "As much as I want." That's when I thought he was becoming just, he proved me wrong once more.

"And you'll tell me as much as I want?" I tried to make it sound like a demand but it came out in a questionable manner. Then, he leaned closer and said,

"You have yourself a deal."

• • • • •

First of all, thank you so much for 1.33K reads, you guys are so amazing and supportive, you're the reason why I am so inspired to write more chapters. Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share! I really would love to hear your insights.

1.) Did you like this chapter full of revelations?

2.) Did you expect the truth about Queen Felicity's identity?

3.) What do you think about the glimpse of Katherine's past?

4.) Why do you think Dimitrius' bargained for her blood in exchange for the truth?

5.) What do you think will happen next?

I updated a lot earlier for you! I hope you'll like it and see you in the next update!