Intervention

A Couple Days Later

"Sherlock, we need to have a talk."

That was the first thing Sherlock heard when he stepped into 221B. John had said it. Sherlock stiffened and looked around the living room. The Watsons, Lestrade, Molly and Missus Hudson were all there. The first thing to come into his mind was to turn and leave, but between Mary and John they'd probably catch him. So he stood rigidly in the doorway, eyeing the unexpected company. Absently he noted that this was the first time that all of them had been in 221B in months.

"This is certainly new." Sherlock commented.

Mary gestured to his chair with a smile, "Sit, Sherlock."

"Why?"

"Just sit." John urged.

Sherlock exhaled and slowly obeyed. He was curious about what they wanted to discuss with him. It was rare for them to come together like that, anyways. Once he had crossed his legs and gotten somewhat comfortable, he then realized what he had walked into. John saw the recognition in his eyes, "Yes, Sherlock, this is an intervention."

"And why would you all be intervening in my life?" He asked coolly.

"Sherlock, we're all here to help you accept your feelings and act on them." Molly explained after a few moments of silence. He angled his head towards her.

"I don't have anything of the sort-"

"Yes you do," John cut in, "Don't give us that sentiment is an error speech because you are not a machine. You do have a heart."

"The point is, Sherlock, you have gotten close to Adelaide and we all see the way you behave around her. You may not even realize how relaxed you look when you're with her, or when you two are texting back and forth about who knows what. But you certainly do look happy." Missus Hudson jumped in.

Sherlock gripped the armrests, "So you are all here to tell me that I should allow sentiment to rule my head?"

"Let's start with you actually admitting that you are attracted to Adelaide." Mary replied.

"Those kisses were more than friendly pecks, weren't they, Sherlock?" Lestrade asked. The consulting detective drew his lips into a line and slowly tapped his fingers on the chair's leather surface. He wanted to tell them to lay off but couldn't. They were right, they knew it, and denying it would only cause more intervention.

And since that was supposed to be Mycroft's job -either keeping Sherlock out of trouble or fixing his messes- the brunette elected to avoid it in such a large setting.

He inhaled and pressed his hands together under his chin, obviously debating how to approach the problem before him. John sighed, "Mate, just say it. You might as well, at least."

Sherlock finally stopped staring at the wall behind John and shifted his guarded gaze upwards to his best friend, "Fine."

"So..?" Sherlock didn't respond and Mary groaned, "Sherlock."

"Getting me to say anything about my sentiments towards Adelaide will not change the fact that I am still a sociopath."

"Oh for heaven's sake, Sherlock, just say it and be done with it!" Missus Hudson chided, "It'll feel a lot better once you do!"

"Come on, Sherlock." Molly coaxed, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"And why are all of you so suddenly interested in my sentiments?"

"Because you're happy when Adelaide is around. And we, as your closest friends, want you to be happy." John replied.

"Don't let this opportunity slip by, Sherlock," Lestrade added with a tone of urgency, "Adelaide may very well be snatched up by someone else if you don't act on those sentiments of yours soon." Their words finally struck something in Sherlock and he squared up. John noticed.

"Mate, we'll all be here to help you. That's why we're here now."

It still took another half hour of coaxing before Sherlock jumped from his chair and paced to the window, hands thrown up in surrender, "Alright! Fine! You win!"

"And?"

"I am... attracted... to Miss Adelaide Cavanagh."

Thank you for reading!!! I was hoping to have finished this yesterday but I had Graduation so I was super busy! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Love you!