Chapter 6- Up on Game

To What I Owe You

Chapter 6- Up on Game

"What other traits did he have that were red flags?"

"Umm, the fact that he was tactical. Like he always had a plan, and that sounds like a good thing but that made him also be manipulative just to execute his plans. It was disgusting."

~~~

I scrubbed the last plate in the sink before rinsing it off, and tossing it into the drying rack. Afterwards, I took my hair out of its ponytail, and fluffed it out with my hand so it was back to normal. My dad has been gone all day, and so has Malik, both doing shit for their jobs, which is straight with me, just left me cleaning the entire house from all of us letting shit pile up throughout the week. It's been weird here honestly, everyone has been off working: me all day at Piggly's, Chris at the studio or off on the road, and my dad has been on the road since Wednesday with his construction. It leaves me here alone most nights, which honestly makes me home sick by the minute.

Today, my pops should be back within the next hour or so, and Chris should be back any minute. I figured since it was Sunday, I'm off, and everyone would be home soon, I could make dinner. I was kind of use to cooking for everyone when I was home considering ma would be gone at work, Montrell was always off doing his shit, and Renée couldn't make a piece of toast. Laughing at my own little thought of Renée, and her always burning food, made me decide to pull my phone out to FaceTime her.

"Hey, boo!" She yelled once she finally answered.

I propped the phone up against a pot on the counter as I walked to the fridge to get the cheese out. "Hey, what're you up to?"

"Just laying here with Devon."

"Hey, Kadeejah!"

"Hey Devon, I interrupt y'all?" I asked with a smirk on my face seeing she didn't have a shirt on.

That made her make a mocking laugh, and then roll her eyes. "Funny, no smart ass."

"Aye, just asking."

"Yea, Yea. What're you making?"

"Food."

"Hoe, what're you—"

Before Renée could finish being a bug, the garage door to the kitchen opened, and Chris walked in. He was on the phone talkin' to whoever was on the other line before he looked over, and saw me by the stove. He kicked his shoes off, and walked over to me throwing an arm around my shoulder, and giving me a side hug before continuing on with his call, and heading up stairs.

Knowing off bat Renée was gone have something to say, I just pulled the hamburger meat out the pack and threw it in a bowl while she raced her ass to the bathroom down the hall. If I know Renée like I think I do, she for damn sure thought Chris was cute from the quick little preview she got of him. Chris is just her type, every bit of it, and with as flashy as he was dressed I just know her pussy throbbing. Renée is a self proclaimed groupie, and no way around it.

She finally slammed the bathroom door closed, and looked at the phone all wide eyed while I shook my head looking for seasonings. "Who. Was. That?"

"That. Is. Your. Cousin."

"You're lying."

"Nope. Pops sister, Sylvia's son." I explained.

She sucked her teeth, and sat down on the toilet top. "Damn, he is fine Kay."

"I guess."

"No girl, he is. How you living with that, and not touching?"

"Maybe because we're blood, and I ain't checking for nobody." I explained in disgust. Chris is good looking, inevitable, but whole ass family, whether we knew him before or not. "Get your life anyways with your nigga in the next room."