Chapter 43

Heeeyyyyyy everybodayyyy, kidding! I'll stop ahahahaha. I hope everyone is fabulous and well, enjoy the chapter and don't hate me at the end, thanking you *wink* xo
_____

"Ms. Vice." Someone tapped me softly.

"Sorry." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Come on let's get you two inside." Messiah held his hand out to me.

I ran around to Beau's side and unbuckled her; she was still fast asleep so I carefully pulled her out of her car seat. Zion grabbed her nappy bag and they all followed me into the house, their expressions hard and unreadable.

"Av-" Zade came to a stop in the entrance of the house.

Messiah and Zion stepped in front of me immediately, blocking Zade's view of me and Beau.

"Messiah, it's okay. That's my boyfriend Zaden." I tugged at his suit jacket.

They never said anything but stepped out of the way. I rushed into Zade's arms, pressing my head against his chest and taking deep breaths of his intoxicating fresh scent.

"You're tired aren't you?" He pressed his lips to my forehead.

I nodded, feeling myself grow sleepy again.

"Let me take Beau to bed and then you can explain to me why I'm getting death stares from Carter's security team." He chuckled into the top of my head.

"How did you know they were Carters?" I tiptoed, pecking his lips.

"They have the Soreign rings but instead of gold like the one you have, theirs are black and it's not hard to tell." He winked, taking Beau from my arms carefully.

I turned back around to the five and stared at each of their hands, they all had the same ring on the same finger.

One thing I never noticed. I thought.

"Where is everyone?" I asked before he headed for the stairs.

"They went out for a little, they should be back any minute." He called out.

I made my way into the family room with my shadows following me.

"Would you guys like something to drink? Eat?" I asked the five of them.

"No thank you." They all shook their heads with grimaces they tried to portray as smiles.

They stood around the room, taking things in and looking through curtains to see out of the windows. Messiah was more alert than the rest, how that was possible I didn't know. Their builds were around the same and they towered over me like every other man I've met in their line of business.

The parking of cars was heard and the whole five of them came and stood around the sofa I had flopped down on. Their postures straight and intimidating.

"ZADE." Nadia's voice rang out in the house; it wasn't a panicked yell but one as if telling him they were home.

Maceo strode through the door with his head down, tapping away at his phone. The rest of the guys ran right back out of the front door once they spotted Messiah and the rest.

"Who are they?" Nadia's voice asked.

I quickly stood and pushed in front of Zion.

"Hi." I waved with blushing cheeks.

"Ava, what did you do?" Maceo grabbed onto Nadia and ran back towards the door.

"I didn't do anything." I felt the hurt pang at my heart; I didn't like the fact that they all backed away from me.