18. Deal

Craig felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest, as the clock on his phone read a couple minutes past eight on the Saturday night that he had been dreading. He couldn't stop himself from pacing back and forth across his room, while glancing out the window at his darkened driveway every so often.

He should be here by now, Craig thought impatiently. He couldn't help flickering on and off his phone every couple of seconds, as if the time was going to magically change.

Kenny was obviously the root of his current anxiety, but blowing off Tweek without an explanation made him feel worse. He knew that he couldn't just casually tell him, "Hey, sorry about missing the comedy show. I'm going to meet up with a pervy douchebag that intensely bullied you in the past and made me into the stoic asshole I am today. See you at school on Monday!" That definitely wouldn't go over well.

Right when Craig was about to call him and ask where the hell he was, he saw headlights flashing in through the window out of the corner of his eye and he jerked his head towards the window. He could see a car pulling into his driveway and he immediately bolted out of his room.

Craig hurried down the upstairs hallway, faintly hearing his parents bickering behind their closed bedroom door as he passed. He thundered down the stairs, making sure his house key and his phone were in his pocket, before rushing out into the chilly night ambiance.

He was blinded by the car's headlights immediately after stepping out of his house. Squinting passed the lights, he recognized the shabby, rust-bucket of a car to be Kenny's parents' car. He could see the blonde in the driver's seat through the grimy windshield with a hand resting on the top of the steering wheel.

Sucking in a short breath of air, Craig stepped up to the passenger side door and reluctantly pulled the squeaky door open.

"Evening, handsome," Kenny grinned, watching as Craig slid into the tattered front seat of the car.

"Evening, dickface," Craig mocked back, reaching for the seatbelt and clicking it into place. "God, this car is a piece of shit."

"Yeah, that's one of the perks of being poor," he muttered, pulling out of Craig's driveway and into the street. "On the plus side though, my parents let me borrow it a lot."

"Ah, alright. So if I find cum stains and used condoms all over the backseat, I'll know why," insinuated Craig, propping his elbow up against the window and resting his head against it.

Kenny lightly chuckled, shaking his head. "Damn. It's almost like you think all I'm good for is sex."

"Well, I'm not wrong, am I?" he smirked, raising his eyebrows at the driver.

"Aw, Tucker, I'm hurt," Kenny pouted, placing a hand over his chest.

Craig rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Where are we going, anyway? Your place?"

Kenny snorted. "No way. We're going somewhere way better."

Craig raised an eyebrow at him suspiciously. "Should I be worried?"

"Not at all," the blonde replied. "Unless, of course, you don't trust me."

"Why would I ever trust you again?" Craig grumbled coldly. "Been there, done that, and look where that got me the first time."

He refused to look at the other boy in the driver seat and he averted his eyes down to the floor of the car, scanning all of the trash that littered the floor around his feet. He could hear an almost inaudible sigh from next to him.

"Craig..." Kenny began.

"Don't."

"Craig, you know I'm sorry about all of that. I just - "