Chapter 65: THE END

Evelyn went on trial the way she should have. She sat in her wheelchair next to her lawyer with the jury looking down at her. Derrick and Natalie sat behind her, and they were holding hands. The press was wanting information out of them, and they were getting it. The press tried breaking Zach, but they never could. Zach was off the map... Derrick and Natalie hadn't heard from him since that night. Derrick and Natalie went to visit Kathrine, Jasper, and Genni's graves before graduation. One time, they saw Zach standing at Kathrine's grave... that was the last time they saw him. He didn't even walk at graduation.

Deputy Evans became Deputy Mullins. It was Fayetteville, so the speculation and opinions went crazy about their marriage. The sheriff married one of his deputies. The newspapers were having fun with that, too. On a national scale, the press was saying their relationship was unprofessional and let Evelyn and Adam run their gig as long as they did. It wasn't true, but it caused Sheriff Mullins to lose reelection. But the thing was, he was okay with it. It upset Marie, but she was okay with it in time. She also turned in her badge and went to work for a hospital.

RED was finally done; no more murder and mystery haunting the back roads of that small, Tennessee town. But RED left a mark on Fayetteville. It was over, yes, but the terror lived on. The sad thing was... it wasn't the worst thing that would happen to that town.

THE END