Chapter 7

"Excuse me???", Meher asked dramatically raising her brows.

She was trying to act cool but internally she was panicking on his sudden presence in her rom at such an odd hour.

"Despite of many warnings, you still can't keep away from Abhimanyu. So I had to come here for you. For your.... own... benefit. ", Arjun answered casually checking the comfortablity of her mattress.

"Why? What is wrong with Abhimanyu. He is a gud friend of mine.", Meher shrugged.

"I have known and seen Abhimanyu for 3 years and I am telling you you shouldn't be friends with him.", Arjun stated.

"And I told you. I can be friends with anyone I want", Meher said point blank, looking into his eyes.

She couldn't look into his deep eyes for long and  nervously started marching  to and fro in the room.

"Ajib ladki ho yar tum. Ek to koi help kar rha h upar se nakhre tumhare maharanio wale (What kind weird girl are you??!! I am trying to help you here and you are throwing tantrums) ", Arjun said mocking her.

"Han to kyu kr rhe ho help? Why do you even care", Meher asked walking towards him arrogantly.

"Well I don't care about you. You will get hurt and Aunty will get hurt and you know I respect her alot", Arjun reasoned.

"Wah.. Wah.. Wah.. Bade fan ho aunty ke...", This time Meher mocked Arjun.

"Han to.. Tum bhi to mere hath pe dressing krne ayi thi.. Because you didn't want my mum to get hurt seeing me hurt..What do you have say about that?", Arjun tossed Meher's bouncer back at her.

" Wo to...", Meher tried to act casual and started her to and fro walk again.

"Wo to???", Arjun asked acting curious.

"Listen, I am old enough to know about who to be friends with. Okay?", Meher said clearly irritated.

"No. You're not. You are a dumb girl who just don't seem to understand what I am trying to warn you about", Arjun said

"What are you even talking about . Abhimanyu is gem of a person. He have been quite helpful in providing notes and all. Why do you have a problem with him.", Meher said finaly halting in front of Arjun.

"I don't want you to see you anywhere near Abhimanyu again and that's final.", Arjun said standing up from her bed.

"Wow. You now have a problem with me talking to Abhimanyu and tomorrow you will forbid me from going to freshers", Meher said arrogantly.

"Damn right. You are not going to any freshers party." Arjun commanded. "The official one you can.. But unofficial no no...", Arjun continued easing up a bit.

"You have no right to control me like this", Meher said teensing up.

"I have and I will", Arjun said in a daunting way making sure she realize that he was quite serious about this.

"Really??? How?? Why??", Meher asked angrily.

Arjun gritted his teeth keeping quiet.

"What were you gonna say? That you are my friend? No Arjun you are not. You lost all your rights when you decided to stop talking to me. When you threw me out of your life like some shitty garbage. And I don't even know why!!!! ", Meher hissed angrily.

"YOU YOURSELF CALLED UPON IT. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DIDN'T...", Arjun almost yelled.

"Oh... Don't you dare throw this dirt on me. YOU ruined our friendship", Meher raged pointing her finger at Arjun.

Arjun held her hand,lowering it down, but still keeping his hold tight," Don't you dare point that finger on me.. You were the reason of everything.", Arjun stated with fury in his eyes.

"Miku.. Here are your clothes...", Naina entered the room. She was shocked to see Arjun in her daughter's room this late, holding her hand..

Arjun as if cued by Naina's reaction, left Meher's hand abruptly, " umm umm.. Hello.. Aunty.."

"Hello Arjun.. You...here... At this time.. Is everything okay?", Naina asked trying to put her query in a way that didn't sound as awkward as she thought it is.

"Yeah.. Mum I was having trouble with this college assignment . So.. I called him if he could help me as it is due tomorrow. ", Meher excused.

"Okay.. But why I didn't see him coming?", Naina asked.

"huh?", Meher involuntarily blurted.

"You were in Biji's room I suppose And since Meher called me, she was already waiting at the door, so I didn't have to ring the bell", Arjun shrugged.

Naina just nodded but for some reason she couldn't gulp down whatever they said.

"I will just go.. We are done anyway", Arjun said breaking the awkward silence.

Naina nodded again, still in thoughts. "Bye.. Thanks..", Meher chirped trying to cover up their lie.

" Bye..", Arjun fake smiled.

"Bye Aunty..", Arjun greeted Naina.

"Bye beta..", Naina smiled and followed Arjun to the door.

'Kamaal hai... Ae aena ajib q behave kr rahe si dono?? Zarur kuch gdbd h..(Why were they behaving so weirdly. There's definitely something fishy) '  Naina thought as she walked Arjun till the gate.

'What the fuck does Arjun want. Why he wants to control my life. He has no right to. He himself lost this right. He is no one for me.' Meher thought.

A loud crashing sound made Meher peek through her window. It was Arjun. She could sense he has broken something in his room in anger. Her anger immediately vanished as she felt concerned if he would have hurt himself again.

Arjun have always had anger issues. It was her who would calm him down, but since they weren't friends anymore, she had seen his anger getting worse. He had now started hurting himself. Knowingly or unknowingly was the question.

'Why is he so bothered about who I talk to.. Does he still care??' Meher thought as her eyes still stuck on his room across the street. His door was open, covered with curtains that flew in and out due to heavy wind flow.

She tried to peep in but all she could see was him sitting on the floor along his bed, but she couldn't make out what was he doing.

She was hurt. She wanted to go and take away his pain, his anger. But she didn't want to be treated like some useless person again. She didn't want to be shut down again as he did before, without even telling her the reason. She didn't want to feel insulted again.

And in this moment, her anger grew again. Her concern for him was overpowered by her arrogance and she angrily came back to her room, laying on bed.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A/N:

Hello.. I am back with another update. Hope you all are enjoying the story.

So what do you think does he care?

Does she care?

Please leave your feedback. Even if its criticism. I would love to read your views.

Please vote /comment /share. Thanks to all those who already do.

Also please follow the_glittery_box on Instagram its my friends page. She sells jewelry. Explore her awesome collection and if you like something please order. You acn also DM me for discount code.

Thanks to keerti5 for being a wonderful support.

Love❤️❤️