Part I Chapter 15 - Suspicions

***Lynett***

BAM!

Now left alone with Harri and Yoko, the sound of my head slamming against the table resonated in the room.

"You guys are unbelievable..." I muttered, exhausted by everything that just happened.

"Thank you!" Harri happily answered.

"It wasn't a compliment. And to think I am the one who needs to clean your mess..."

"What? What's wrong? Everything went fine, did it not?" Yoko asked.

"Haha... Do you really think so? I thought I told you guys not to disrespect anyone." I sighed, once again. "Yet... I can't believe you insulted them right in front of their face."

"We disrespected no one. Is it because I called your aunt boobless? I was just stating a fact, so it's not an insult. It's not my fault if she took it the wrong way!" She exclaimed. "Actually, she is the one you should blame! Even though I was being completely courteous, she is the one who disrespected us!"

As she spoke, Harri nodded approvingly. Obviously, now that it's convenient to them, those two suddenly come to an agreement.

"Besides, there is nothing to be worried about," Yoko added. "Even if they did get suspicious about something, you'd just have to give them a good beating to make them forget!"

I sighed. "That's not how it works, Yoko..."

Lazily lifting my head up, I started massaging my temples, trying to get rid of the new headache assaulting my mind.

"Well, I do agree that you may have gone too far with the kiss, Yoko." Harri said. "Why did you do it? Did you feel anything?"

"Actually, I did." Yoko crossed her arms in front of her and stayed silent for a while, seemingly thinking about something, and then, she turned her gaze in my direction. "Lynett, did you do anything to her? When I kissed her I felt her mana core and it seemed... broken?"

Huh? Widening my eyes, I shook my head. "No, I didn't. I mean... I may have tormented her a little, but it was only physical. I never touched her mana core."

Harri frowned. "Someone used soul magic against her?"

"Yeah... And it wasn't a low level spell." Yoko answered, as she started rubbing her chin. "Besides, it's not just the woman. I also suspect that there is something wrong with the man's mana core, but that has yet to be confirmed..."

My uncle too? What's with this situation? Someone else can use soul magic here? That's impossible... I would have noticed it in twelve years. Is someone targeting the family? I don't think I have to worry about mother and brother since they're protected but... who would do that and why?

***Jack***

"Tell me everything about what happened today."

Currently sitting in my office room, I am interrogating Ivy, who nervously stands up in front of me. Nora and Yao are here too, as they followed me right after we left Lynett with her... friends.

"Yes my lord..." Ivy responded with a small voice. "The young mistress and I were just walking around the market district, rounding the stalls. However, at some point, she approached a young orphan who was waiting on the side of the road. Soon after the boy left, she ran after him, ordering me to wait for her. I believe he was a thief, my lord."