New

"Sophie," Edaline said as she woke up that morning. "I'm going to be taking you out of school later so we can go dress-shopping for the Foxfire dance."

Sophie blinked. "Why? I have plenty of dresses in my closet,"

Edaline smiled warmly at her. "You want to get a dress to mark this occasion," She ripped the blanket off of Sophie. "I'll come get you sometime after lunch. Now, get ready for school."

~ ~ ~

It had been a few weeks since Fitz and Keefe's fight, and Sophie made sure to keep the two boys away from each other for the time being.

Also, she sometimes avoided Fitz. She hadn't exactly talked to time since that day, and every time she was near him, her hands couldn't help but start to shake.

One day, after Sophie had finished putting all of her books in her locker, she leaned against it and thought about how wonderful her life was at the moment.

She closed her eyes, but then a loud, "Ahem," made her open them back up.

"Keefe, what do you want?" She asked, looking over. But the person in front of her wasn't Keefe, it was Fitz. "Sorry Fitz," She said, her voice becoming shaky.

Fitz shook his head. "Your fine. I just wanted to come over and tell you how sorry I am. You've been avoiding me for a while, so I never got the chance." He bit his lip. "I said sorry to Keefe yesterday, and he forgave me, so I was hoping you could too. I really miss your friendship, Sophie."

"I forgive you, Fitz." She said with a smile. "I missed you too,"

Fitz nodded before the bells chimed and they walked to class.

* * *

During all of Sophie's classes, she tried to concentrate, but all she could think about was Keefe Sencen.

The first part of the day went by in a haze, until lunch when she finally got to see Keefe.

"Foster!" Keefe yelled her name, and motioned for her to come sit with him, Sophie rolled her eyes and got up from the spot she was at.

Lunch was pretty normal that day.

Biana talked about sparkly outfits, Dex talked about gadgets, Tam and Linh whispered to each other about stuff what, Fitz talked to Linh, Keefe talked about pranks, and Sophie stared off into space.

Then, she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. She looked over to see Keefe smiling at her. "What?" She asked.

"Wanna ditch?" He asked.

Sophie laughed. "You can't ditch lunch you dork,"

Keefe laughed, rolling his eyes. "Yes you can. Just leave the lunchroom first, and then I'll follow a little later, okay?"

Sophie smiled before getting out of her seat, dumping her tray, and walking into the hallway. She counted to around 55 before Keefe finally walked out into the hallway.

"What took you so long?" She asked with a smile, putting her hands on her hips.

Keefe smirked. "Wow, I didn't know you'd miss me that bad."

Sophie blushed and then she leaned against the wall. "So? Why did you want to 'ditch' lunch?"

Keefe's face became serious. "Um, I have a question."

Sophie gulped before gesturing for him to continue. Was he going to break up with her?

"Well, the past few weeks have bee pretty hectic," He said, pacing. "And I'm know I asked you to the dance a few weeks ago, but..."

Sophie knew it, he didn't like her anymore. She was doomed to be alone forever.

"I wanted to make us official," He said, stopping and grabbing her hands. "Do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

Sophie's eyes became wide and her mouth stretched into the biggest smile imaginable.

"Of course," She said with a grin, jumping on him with a hug.

Then, she moment was punctuated with a chorus of, "Aw's"

They turned around and saw almost half of the school looking at them.

Sophie and Keefe pulled apart before Keefe mumbled, "How many times does this have to happen?"

"Looks like twice, " Sophie smiled and Keefe smiled too.

"Got another escape plan Foster?"

"Yep!" She said happily. Sophie lifted her hand and put three fingers in the air. "Three, two, one!"

"Sophie Foster, Please come to the office!" Magnet Leto's voice rang throughout the school.

"Bye Keefe!" She waved at him. "Have fun!"

She made her way up to the glass pyramid where Magnet Leto was. "Miss Foster, your mom is here to get you."

"Okay, Forkle!" She said. No one was there so she could say it, but he still glared at her as she walked outside and saw Edaline waiting for her.

"You and Keefe are dating!?" Edaline exclaimed, wrapping Sophie in a hug.

"Yeah..." Sophie said, pulling away from the hug. "How on earth did you find out?"

Edaline smirked. "The whole school came and watched him ask you. Then Biana called me on her imparter, and I saw everything. Oh, Sophie! I'm so happy for you!"

"It is pretty great," She said as Edaline held the crystal up to the light.

Then they leaped away.