Chapter 25 "In A Weak State"

Scarlett

I woke up with an intense pain on my back and slowly lifted myself to sit up. My mind was clouded, I was disoriented at first, even I couldn't remember the events last night, how I ended up here in my bedroom in the white house, until few seconds later, the memory came crashing down on me. I remembered we were attacked by the Red Circle, Liv was taken by them and I ended up getting shot. 

I groaned when I was reminded by the stabbing pain of my bullet wound. As I thought of last night, seeing a gun was pointed at Violet nearly stopped my heart, and between Liv and her, I knew I had to save her first. I may be angy at her but I couldn't stand if something would happen to her. I still cared about her even if she lied to me big time. 

My mind drifted to Liv and how she looked so frightened as the lackeys forced her inside the van. I could vividly recall how I saw her gazed at me as if asking me for help and it pained me how I just let her go like that. That was why as of this moment, bringing her back would be my top priority and I wouldn't waste any minute as it would expose her to even more danger. I knew The Mother wouldn't kill her because she would use Liv to get to her parents. All I was worried about was that she would probably hurt Liv to get information about their whereabouts. 

It would be a matter of time before the Red Circle could get their hands on the Coxs.

Slowly getting off the bed, I treaded carefully to the door, not to strain too much to avoid more pain. Halfway through, the door suddenly opened, causing me to stop moving. Violet stood on the doorway, glaring daggers at me while she crossed her arms. I had no idea what she was mad about but I didn't want to deal whatever it was as I didn't want to argue first thing I woke up.

I sighed defeatedly, "Look V, I don't wan to ar-..." She didn't let me finish my sentence when she unexpectedly engulfed me in a hug making me bit my lower lip to keep the pain within and reluctantly put an arm on her back. 

"Don't ever do that again Scar babe," she mumbled as she started to sob. My forehead creased in confusion, trying to think what she was talking about. "Don't ever take a bullet for me again," she added.

I let out a breath, "I had to. You could have died if that bullet hit you V."

She pulled away and stared at me with her tear-stained face. "So could you Scarlett. Do you have any idea how worried we were? You shouldn't have done that. You hate me remember?"

"I may be angry but I don't hate you V. Sure you hurt me for lying but that doesn't mean I have to let you die."

She breathed, "God you're...impossible." 

I smirked although I didn't know in what way I was being impossible. "Okay, let's get moving. We have to find Liv," I said as I walked past her but she held my wrist making me turn to her.

"I found Liv, she's in a hotel..." I was about to ask her how she managed to locate her but she beat me to it, "...Remember the necklace you gave her?"

Oh, right!

"But why in a hotel?" I queried as I knew Violet knew The Mother. She arched her brows momentarily.

"Let's just say she likes to be classy."

"Well then let's not waste time." I promptly turned my back to her and walked out of the room. 

"You can't be serious. You should be resting," she called from behind and then I heard a huge sigh as I slowly descended the stairs. She caught up beside me in silence which I was grateful for until we reached the base of the stairs. As I looked to the living room, I immediately spotted Sara peacefully sleeping on the couch.