Chapter 8

Next day was a bright sunny day. The weather has been unpredictable for past few days, but today it was a fresh day.

Meher was sitting in canteen with Sneha, Abhimanyu and other friends. Arjun entered the canteen and saw them sitting together. He shook his head in disappointment and walked towards his friends.

Meher, on the other hand felt restless and kept on stealing glances of Arjun to check his reaction. Ever since last night, she felt this craziness inside her. It was like she liked how it affected her. She liked that he cared...

Arjun on the other hand behaved completely oblivious to her. He didn't even once look at her or acknowledge her once.

She felt a bit irritated . Yesterday he was going all angry young man about her talking to Abhimanyu and now its like he doesn't give a damn.

Sneha noticed her intermittent glares to Arjun. "You know.. Its not like he's gonna worship you all day. There are other people in his life that actually listen to him.", Sneha mocked Meher.

"Even I have better people to talk to. I have you. I have Abhimanyu and Priya and all people around here. I don't need to talk to him.", Meher said an irritated infant trying to deny his favorite sweet just because he heard an earful from their parents fpr being naughty.

"Those people you mentioned, are all sitting on this table. Why your eyes are following him. ", Sneha whispered in Meher's ear.

Meher sheepishly gulped in on being unable to think of a reply.

"So.. We will head to our classes as its my dad's lecture", Abhimanyu said looking at Meher and she nodded,"We have a free lecture. You guys go ahead."

Abhimanyu and friends left the canteen and soon after every one else was seen following the suite, including Arjun and his friends.

Reaching near Meher's table, Arjun gestured his friends to carry on and he himself sat in front of Meher.

He acknowledged Sneha with a smile, mouthing, 'Hey'. She smiled back while Meher just sat there with a grumpy face.

Arjun offered Sneha chips, which he was eating she took some. Meher thought he would offer her next so she herself mumbled, ' No thanks', but instead Arjun just took them to himself.

"I wasn't offering you anyways.. Because you seem allergic to anything I offer", Arjun taunted.

Sneha folded her lips trying to hide her laugh at solid burn he just gave her.

"Damn right. I AM ALLERGIC TO EVEN YOU", Meher said leaning ahead and looking him straight in the eye.

Sneha was having a great time with their sizzling fight chemistry. She covered her face with her fist trying to control her expressions.

Arjun caressed Meher's face with back of his hand and looked at her in awe.

"Wow.. You actually are allergic to me.. Your cheeks just turned red", Arjun winked pointing his finger at Mehervs cheek.

Sneha couldn't control herself and she chuckled making Arjun flashing a winning smirk at Meher.

" What do you want now", Meher asked irritated.

"Nothing.. I was just here to tell you that since you don't need my advice, I hope you won't come to me for help, because I have given you fair share of warnings.", Arjun stated.

" I won't." Meher admitted adamantly.

" Ok then..", Arjun said getting up.

" Bye....Sneha", Arjun greeted Sneha.