Chapter 10

Thanks to all the wonderful readers out there 💖💖💖. Thank you for the amazing support.

############################

I couldn't believe I was not dead.

I did not get into trouble. I was still alive and had another day to go. I mentally vowed myself not to mess things up today as I tried to have some determination.

Tried.

"All is going to go well. You can do this Eve. Just breathe work breathe work and you're done." I muttered under my breath. 

"Could you please stop that?! You're making us worry! Nothing bad is going to happen to you Eve. You are doing your job fine." India firmly reassured me. But that wasn't enough. I just had this bad feeling inside of me. 

"I know I know. There's still too many 'what if's'. I mean anything can happen today." I panicked.

"Yes Eve, good point. Anything can happen. Anything. Means something wonderful could happen too you know. Why are you acting like the world's gonna end?" Bethany faced me crossing her arms.

"He's back Beth! How can something wonderful happen? I wouldn't even know if he's in the room or not. What if I dropped something? What if the food is not to his liking? What if I accidentally poured blood on him instead of his chalice?! What if...."

"SHUT UP!"

This time is was both of them.

"Nothing. Bad. Is. Going. To. Happen. Eve!" Beth shook me like a rag doll.
I think it helped because the blood must have gone up to my head and I started to actually believe her words. 

"You know what? I know what can make you slightly calmer. Here." India came back and presented me with a fresh white rose. I didn't even notice her leave for a while. I accepted the little flower gratefully. I love India.

When I brought the rose up to my face and inhaled its scent, I felt myself calm down almost immediately. It held such a sweet fragrance I sighed in content.

"Wow how did you do that?! It worked like magic. She finally shut up. Thanks India." Bethany crushed her into a hug.

"Didn't you know? Eve is addicted to flowers for some reason," she answered. "Now that you're okay, you can start your duty."

We were still sitting in the dinning area. We finished our breakfast around half an hour ago. I became panicky all of a sudden and started ranting about different possibilities of the day. Most of them ended with me dying. Too bad the victims of my rant were none other than my two new friends. 

And now I couldn't rant anymore.

It was time for work. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I placed his breakfast on the table just like last night and waited there patiently for his arrival.

A few minutes past and I still waited. He has to eat right? If not the food then definitely the blood. More time past and he was still a no show. I just waited and waited. Every once in a while I looked out the window. Some of the servants on gardening duty could be seen from where I stood. They seemed so bright and happy out there. How I wished I was a part of that group. It was never a good thing being stuck inside.

I put a stop to my thoughts before it could escalate further. I had to accept this just like the rest.

"This is your life now." I muttered turning away from the window.