THE LIAR (Iselen P.O.V)

A very annoying tickle on my nape wakes me up from a light sleep. I open my eyes blinking, the soft morning light comes through the blinds of the windows and a stubborn ray of sunshine shines directly on my face. I turn around groaning and burying my head on the pillow but the annoying tickle starts again, this time over my ribs. I open an eye still sleepy in order to find out what the hell is keeping me awake and I realize that Ruby is lying by my side, with her head leaning on her hand and her elbow on the pillow, while she rubs my skin with her fingertips gently. Last night the sheets ended up in a crumpled pile at the foot of the bed after rolling around trying all the positions imaginable and the view of her naked body makes me hold my breath despite I'm totally satisfied and I couldn't start a new round, she's so beautiful... I put my hand on her hip and that draws her attention to my face, she hadn't realized that I was awake.

- My love, I'm hungry – she whispers while she slides her fingers up and grazes my nipple with her knuckles. I immediately tilt my head back, granting her access to my neck. Ruby chuckles amused – Not that kind of hunger, I'm talking about normal food. Do you want something to eat? We skipped dinner last night.

I shake my head and bury my face on the pillow again, I'm exhausted and this is her fault: I'm not moving from this bed anytime soon. The Sorceress chuckles and leaves a gentle kiss on my shoulder before getting out of bed slowly and rummaging in her trunk till she finds a pair of simple linen pants and a shirt in a dark blue colour. Then she opens the door and turns around smiling:

- I'm going to the kitchen. I'll make tea, toasts and I'll put some fruit in a bowl, then I'll bring you a tray and we can have breakfast in bed together. What do you think about it?

I wave my hand without answering to let her know that I agree with her plan and she leaves the room chuckling again. A soft meow and the sound of little paws running announce me that Lucifer has decided to go with her, he's probably hungry too... we scared the hell out of him last night. Sighing, I bury my face deeper in my pillow waiting for my vampire to come back.

Next thing I'm aware of is the sun waking me up because it's shinning really bright through the blinders, the room is getting warmer every minute so I realize that it must be almost noon. I sit down on the mattress feeling still sleepy, looking around confused. Ruby and my breakfast are nowhere to be seen. She though that I needed to sleep a little more probably. I stretch my limbs yawning and I decide to put on a dressing gown and go downstairs to look for a cup of tea, I've skipped breakfast but I can have lunch with my girl. The house is quiet and dark with all the windows closed and the only sound are my footsteps echoing through the corridor while I'm heading to the kitchen, this is weird... where are they? All of a sudden a very bad feeling makes me feel sick and I run towards the closed door at the end of the corridor, I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. The door is stuck but I'm not going to use my magical power to open it since I don't know who's on the other side or what the hell I could attract gathering all the energy I need so, as quietly as possible, I lean my shoulder on the door and I push with all my strength. The door opens slightly and I'm able to see a big feline paw through the crack, I recognize it instantly: the door is stuck due to Lucifer's panther body lying on the floor on the other side.

- Ruby! – I yell at the top of my lungs but no one answers. I struggle to open the door and I finally manage to push it a little more dragging the poor feline body on the hardwood floor. The whole kitchen is a mess, there're several plates and glasses shattered around, smashed strawberries and a window is wide open with the curtains tore apart. A dark spot on the floor catches my eye. It's blood... - Lucifer!

I kneel down next to the panther and I notice that he's still breathing even if he has a serious injury on his head. I feel I could faint due to relief and a single tear runs down my cheek while I rub my friend's soft fur, I need to do something... I take a deep breath trying to put myself together and I start gathering energy to cast a healer spell; Ruby insisted, or rather pestered me, that I absolutely must learn those first and I thank God for that. I throw a little impulse of magical energy towards Lucifer's head and the wound stops bleeding immediately, the cat lets out a soft meow. I get up and start pacing up and down the kitchen floor, looking at the broken plates and glasses and the open window but I can't find any clue about my girl's whereabouts. I don't even know for how long she's been missing because I was sleeping like a stupid lazy idiot. I don't know what have happened but it's something serious, that's pretty clear: evidence suggests that the Sorceress has been kidnapped and that's exactly my main concern, she's a fucking sorceress, nothing can catch her off guard and even if she's attacked from behind she should be able to kill whoever is trying to kidnap her.