Eleven • Prophecy

Third Person's Point of View

King Dimitrius and Queen Felicity had come to an agreement. Blood in exchange for identity. Although Felicity knew something didn't sound right, she still put her trust in Dimitrius' words. A part of her still believed him even after everything that happened. Something inside her still told that Dimitrius is someone virtuous and that he has his own reasons.

"It's best for you to see," Dimitrius said. Queen Felicity seemed shocked when he chose to make her see rather than just telling her. Now, it would be easier for her to believe.

"Okay," she answered and sat on a seat, showing him that she was ready to see and know who she is, to learn about her own identity. Dimitrius walked towards her unsure if he must go back on their agreement. He knew that when Felicity finally knows about her concealed past, she would change.

When he stopped right in front of her, he opened up another deal, "Your family's freedom in exchange for not telling you," he said but Queen Felicity wasn't impassive. She's smarter than her own emotions so she answered, "Free or not, a person without memories, without identity is just as empty and suffering."

Felicity referred to her family as those words slipped out of her mouth yet it also relates to herself. All those days she spent, crying in her room, finding comfort between Mary's arms, just because she thought she wasn't good enough in the eyes of her parents, they were all lies.

The times she treated her wounds whenever her brother would train her to be a fighter, a warrior, they all didn't contain genuine intentions. Jonathan did that just to make her feel the pain, a pain she shouldn't deserve because she knew nothing.

Just for once, she chose to be selfish and thought for herself. "I lived nineteen years feeling like a stranger to myself, don't you think that's more than enough time for hiding?" She directed the question to Dimitrius.

"Promise not to me but to yourself that once you recover your lost memories, you wouldn't be vacuous enough and get yourself in danger," King Dimitrius said with a stern voice.

"If I do, I'm giving you permission to bite me and drink my blood until I fall unconscious," Felicity responded. Now, their deal was strong enough for Dimitrius to show her who she is. She didn't need telling, Queen Felicity just needed her memories back, memories that she once cherished but taken because of a tragedy.

King Dimitrius sat next to Queen Felicity. He pulled something from his pocket which revealed a beautiful gold ring with engraved words inside which read, "My Queen." He held out his hand as he reached for Felicity's but she pulled away.

Then, he realized and spoke, "I know that you have a vervain ring, don't hide it, I was the one who placed it next to you on the day you stabbed yourself." His words left a shock expression on Felicity's face, thousands of questions drowned her head and now, she was more eager to know everything.

When Dimitrius slipped the ring on her ring finger, King Dimitrius muttered three foreign words, "praeterita meminisse tui." Three words said in Latin which meant, reminisce your past. Slowly, Queen Felicity's eyes closed and everything came back from the real day she was born.

~ Memory ~

Two brothers, not bound by blood but by a bond. Once thought inseparable but broken by betrayal. A mistake that will never come undone. Will be the downfall and rise of two foes.

The birth of hatred shall come within a storm. It will be the destroyer of us all. Nothing will come in between the vengeance. Unless it's the destined one.