Chapter 17 - Love Between Siblings

"I have to go..." Albert groaned in between James' lips, the priest was very hands-on this particular day after church. He had called Albert into his office as soon as the services were over but before getting to ask James what it was he wanted, the priest suddenly pinned him against the wall.

"Shut up no you don't" James spoke eagerly, his hands gripped tightly on Albert's neck. The young man couldn't help but grin a how much his lover wanted him and had missed in that moment.

Even still Albert pushed him back, '" I do, we can pick this up later."

"Where are you rushing off to?" James gave up and leaned against his desk, with his sleeve he wiped away Albert's saliva.

"Juliet asked for a ride home, I guess her brother just dropped her off."

James narrowed his eyes at Albert, " He is a sorry excuse for a man, much less a brother." he hissed.

Albert's eyebrows crossed, "What do you mean?"

"He's a delinquent who has nothing going for him in his future," he turned from Albert and sat at his desk, rummaging through his mess of paperwork related to church assignments. "His presence is toxic,"

But Albert knew better, deep down in his heart as much as he loved James he knew that the priest was not being honest about his feelings. He knew that James wanted Elizabeth, but he also knew he couldn't have her, so deep down Albert understood he was a rebound. Yet he would not focus on that fact, for it would dispel his beautiful love affair. Albert was not ready to give him up; he had become completely emotionally dependent on James.

The priest literally held his heart in his hands.

"You say that because of Elizabeth.." Albert spat to which James merely rolled his eyes. "It's true though, isn't it?"

"Have you seen her around here lately?" James raised his eyebrows. For a few past Sunday's, Elizabeth's presence had been missed along with Zachary's.

"Don't you think you are partially to blame for that?"

James rose up slowly from his desk, "What are you implying?"

"I saw you with her, in this room. Then the other time...you kept her in here quite a bit...I am all too aware of what you do in here."

James walked over to Albert with a smile on his face, but it wasn't a friendly smile; it was more challenging and sinister than that.

"Whatever you think you know," he grabbed Albert by the collar but his strength wasn't what it used to be. James had grown weak from his deteriorating health. "Leave it alone. I won't ask again."

"What do you mean?" Albert continued to eye his lover.

"It means, say another word about this to anyone including me again and it's over. I will expose you."

Albert gulped, but his hand took hold of James as he gripped onto his collar. His warm touch soothed the priest to release his grip.

There was a knock on the door, "Excuse me?" Juliet's voice broke their awkward tense mood.

"Come in," the priest took his seat at his desk again.

It was as though James' failing health had affected Juliet herself, as though both bodies were synced by some unexplained phenomenon, for both souls were slowly dying. Juliet's shiny brown wavy hair now lay flat and dull past her shoulders. Her milky skin now showcased the blue and green veins beneath, it was noticeable that she had not only lost weight but lost all her luster that had made her so like-able to everyone around. Her lips were always chapped, dry and breaking and her eyes no longer shone a perky blue but were now as grey as a cloudy sky.