Chapter 21

Previously

I look around and bite my lip. My legs are trembling and I suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

"I'm going to the washrooms" I smile at Jade and Connor, before rushing out and trying to blink the tears that have formed in my eyes away.

And then, what I saw then, made me freeze to the ground.

Now

After what felt like hours, I can finally move again. People have stopped walking and are looking at me now.

But I'm not looking at them.

No.

I'm looking at the person right in front of me.

Britney.

"Oh hello Alex. Have you missed me?" she smiles sweetly, too sweetly

I narrow my eyes at her.

I haven't told them about Britney yet. Or at least about my suspicions about Britney. See, when Caleb kidnapped me he had a visitor sometimes. It was definitely a girl and I think it was Britney. They often argued about Mason and I. But I'm not 100% sure it was her.

"You wish" I say as I roll my eyes at her

Wanting to walk past her, I make attempts to do so by stepping to my left. She steps to her right. I step to my right; she steps to her left. You get the picture.

"What is your problem?" I ask irritated

"I thought I told you already? Leave Mason alone, he doesn't want you. There's only one person he wants and that's me. So leave him the fúck alone or you'll regret it"

I chuckle at her and push her out of my way with me shoulder. I walk towards the restrooms, but before I'm two steps away from her, she pulls me back by my hair.

I turn around, sighing frustrated. I roll my eyes and am ready to turn around again, but I suddenly feel a fist meet with my eye.

"What the actual hell?" I shout as I touch my eye in shock. That's definitely going to bruise.

She examines her nails with an evil smile on her face.

Oh hell no, bítch got it coming for her.

Now, I'm not a fan of fighting, but she deserves it.

I pull my fist back, ready to hit her straight in her face so I can rearrange her nose.

A firm hand grabs my fist and holds it back. I turn around to face the person who wants me to rearrange their nose as well.

"Mason? What the hell? Let me go" I groan frustrated

Instead of answering, he nods to the person behind Britney.

The principal.

I immediately relax my arm and Mason lets go of my fist.

"Oh shít" I whisper

"Everybody, get to class" he shouts and I make amends to walk away as well

"Britney, Alex and Mason. You guys stay here"

I groan frustrated and my feet drag me back to the principal.

"Now Britney, you're getting detention for 2 weeks. If I ever see you involved in a fight again, you'll get suspended. Now get to class" he says sternly

"Alex, you'll get a warning this time, seeing that you didn't start and didn't actually hurt someone. Next time you'll get detention though"

"And Mason, good job of stopping this fight. You'll get extra credit for that" he nods a thank you to him before leaving