Chapter 24

Monday update, yay! This chapter it was Victor's turn for a little time with Sang, and it's pretty adorable if I do say so myself :) Hope you enjoy...Happy reading!!!

P.S. who should be next? Kota, Silas, Nathan, Sean, Axel, or Marc? Your choice :)

*Sang*

No no no no no no no.

"-and so we're hosting everyone at our place."

How the heck did I forget that Christmas is next week?

"We'll do presents after breakfast, then we're going to the soup kitchens until it's time to head home for dinner. Does that work for you?"

I haven't even done any shopping yet.

"Sang?"

What the hell am I supposed to buy for my 14 boyfriends?

"Sang, Sweetheart, did you hear me?"

Help me.

"Sang!"

I blink, the panic that had taken ahold of me at the reminder Christmas was less than a week away slowly recedes. I blame my slip of memory on the fact we didn't really go all out for Thanksgiving this year since every one of us had had a mission either before, during, or immediately following the holiday.

My silence must have worried her because, Erica's concern clear even through the phone. "Sweetheart, are you alright?"

Clearing my throat, I answer her. "Yeah, sorry, got a bit lost in my head there. I seemed to have totally forgotten that it's almost Christmas, which means I also haven't started my gift search yet."

She breathes a sigh of relief when I end my silence. "Oh, honey. With everything that's happened lately, it's understandable that time got away from you all." There's a pause then, my silence now just giving her a chance to complete her thought. "Sang, are you okay? Truly? I know you hate that question, but I worry."

She's right, I guess. I do hate that question, but mainly because it forces me to remember why I might not be okay. However, this is Erica Lee, the closest thing I'd ever had to a mother so I find I don't mind all that much. In fact, it warms me to know that she cares enough to worry, so much so that I answer her honestly.

"I'm alright, I promise. The truth is, besides the whole kidnapping setback I'm happier than I've ever been. I didn't know it was possible to love life as much as I do now, and sometimes I still think I'm dreaming."

Something like a sniffle filters across the line before her voice does. "'The whole kidnapping setback' my goodness, you say that like it was no big deal! You nearly gave me a heart attack when I heard what happened! I'm delicate in my old age!" I laugh at her exclamations, and after a moment she does as well before sighing. "You've had a nightmare of a life, my sweet girl, but I promise you that you're not dreaming now. Those boys are too much a pain in my behind not to be real.

Even before they came back, whenever John, Phil or I spoke with them, all they wanted to talk about was the pretty little thing who worked at the diner. From the first, they were yours and you were theirs even if none of you knew it yet. It's all very real and everything you deserve, Sang."

Now I'm the one sniffling, tears finally falling at the seriousness in her tone. She means every word and it means the world to me, but I really don't want to start crying in earnest because then I'll have to explain why to the 14 very overprotective individuals when I see them later.

"Thanks, Erica," I croak, and she makes a sound of alarm.

"No. No, no, no, don't you dare start crying because then I'll start and John will never let me hear the end of it," she says emphatically, and I blink up at the ceiling in an attempt to dry my eyes.